Author
Topic: Macklem/Carney $10's  (Read 5116 times)
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« on: September 22, 2012, 11:20:47 pm »

I was wondering if anyone thinks we'll see any M/C signed Journey $10's?  I'm starting to think we'll have to wait for the polymers to see that.  Lately I've been getting lots of brand new $10's in the BF* prefix range, mostly BFF-BFU.  These were printed 2009, so I wonder if the BoC has lots of reserves...

Marc :)
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 12:59:47 pm »

Very doubtfull. The new $10 series will be out in about 6 months or so. See this link as this question has been asked before:
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=13046.0
FogDevil
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:50:38 pm »

I have a feeling that BFW (printed in 2009) is going to be the last prefix of the Journey era $10 notes.  There is so little demand for $10 notes nowadays.  Low demand is probably allowing for the 2009 print year stock to be distributed very slowly.  So far this year, I have only seen BFU and maybe BFT this year.  There may be another new prefix come Christmas, but I don't know.  Besides, coming across a $10 bill in my change is almost like getting the bars on a pull-tab ticket.  I don't even remember the last time I saw a $10 bill in my change.

If I were to bet on the earliest new prefix for the Polymer $10's, my guess will be FEW.  And FEW would be a perfectly fitting prefix for a banknote becoming scarcer - seeing there are very FEW of them in circulation.  :D
suretteda
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:26 am »

The $5 and $10 notes, will be unveiled and issued by the end of 2013. Further details regarding timelines for the unveiling and issuance of these notes will be made available in the coming months.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »

Many of us members (on the forum & the old "gangs" of us who met at shows) used to speculate on a similar vein but with the change-over of original Journey $10 and the new upgraded security thread $10.00 notes (the ending prefixes, etc).  And happily there were many surprises, including the less common 2003 BER & the scarcer BEL prefixes. 

These are exciting times- with the new polymer $20 arriving (& the unknown change-overs) but I think next year's $5 & $10 change overs could be even more interesting. The M/C $5 release is only a trickle at this point and there is no reason to rule out that their release numbers won't pick up & there could indeed be an additional trickle of M/C $10 before their polymer versions enter circulation.  The BOC has been full of surprises in the past- why not a repeat performance?

Login with username, password and session length