Author
Topic: Got the new $20 today.  (Read 27222 times)
JohnnyG5
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 10:43:53 am »

Got my 'first' batch at the Royal Bank on Hurontario and Watline Ave in Mississauga.  I like them!  BIK1375303 - BIK1375318. Will enter the info in the SNDB this evening.

Paper Money is Art!
Skylark
  • Money Talks... but all mine ever says is Goodbye!
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 04:34:05 pm »

At my bank paying a bill had the teller has set aside the only one they had.  :) (BIG1018758)

I collect banknotes depicting Tallships. And to a lesser degree, all watercrafts.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »

Between myself and a friend, we got five different serial number ranges from three different prefixes (BIJ, BIK, BIT).  I've found that a few RBC branches locally had notes in the branch, but many did not.  Several branches advised that they had new notes in their ATMs, but as I'm not an RBC customer, I did not confirm this.

As for other banks, if they had any new notes, they were in the ATMs, but it was hit and miss, and not all ATMs at a branch had the new notes.  One TD had them in one ATM, but not the other.  Most banks seemed not to have any new notes at all yet.

Please input your notes to the SNDB.  Using the data already present, along with a large quantity of data from another collector who was able to access a surprising variety of notes today, we have just about nailed down the position number layout and numbering system.  There are still some holes, so please make sure you add your notes to the SNDB as we continue to research these new notes.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 12:06:47 am »

Got a range of notes from downtown T.O. bank machines today. Most major banks seemed to be dispensing new $20s - RBC was the only exception, the machines at the main branch still didn't have them.
JohnnyG5
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 12:02:33 pm »

How about this as a point of discussion?

For what we know now, these could be the last notes printed by BA International after 145 years. Wouldn't it be interesting to know what the serial number of the last note the company printed was?

Thoughts??

John

Paper Money is Art!
Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 01:02:26 pm »

I have an extra BIT to trade. I am looking for BI-E, F, G, K, L, P, R, S, U or W.

See my banknotes collection at http://banknotes.davidbelanger.net/.
Find special numbers for your banknotes quickly by using this tool. Useful for the bundles.
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:26 pm »

Tried three TD branches (ATMs) in west end Montreal today.  No luck.

I'll try some busy ATMs downtown during the week.

Marc :)
Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »

Tried three TD branches (ATMs) in west end Montreal today.  No luck.

I'll try some busy ATMs downtown during the week.

If you really want new 20$ today, take the 40 and go to the ATM at this RBC bank: http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Quebec/Anjou/Royal-Bank-Place-Carillon/2756003.html.

Find special numbers for your banknotes quickly by using this tool. Useful for the bundles.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 04:55:39 pm »

Got a BIP4740005 (FPN/BPN 95) from  a TD ATM yesterday.   True what BWJM posted: some banks (ATM's) have em, some don't.  Used the polymer $20 for a Loto purchase in a nearby pharmacy and you should have heard the cashier coo over it (she really liked it).  It was the 1st she has seen since its release this past Wed.

Entered in the SNDB.

JohnnyG5
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 06:00:10 pm »

Did anyone notice that when you tilt the note, the segments in the clock in the metallic building rotate and then finally show 11:00?

I like it!

John

Paper Money is Art!
Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 10:11:48 pm »

Do you think they send some prefix to the west and some to the east ? In Montrea, I saw a lot of BIT and BIH. However, the west is getting a lot of BIE. The Ontario is getting BIG and BIK.

Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 11:16:57 pm »

got BIK 4672664-8 today from CIBC at Bay and Dundas... :)

Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 11:21:04 pm »

Did anyone notice that when you tilt the note, the segments in the clock in the metallic building rotate and then finally show 11:00?

I like it!

John

Yes I did notice that.  11:00, nice touch. Just like on the Journey $50.

I also noticed that mysterious 4 cm2 square area on the back of the note that is apparent when holding it at certain angles. Someone first noticed it on the polymer $100 when it first came out. What is that square, anyway? Some undocumented security feature?

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
Don_D
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 12:02:41 am »

got this beauty
   BIG 3398888 !

(In the eye of beholder )
MinHsun
    • UniCoin - Banknote,Silver Coins and More
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 01:06:46 am »

I Get $100 From ATM,  All Brand new $20 Polymer Banknote

The Note is From BIE 7318725 ---> BIE 7318720