Author
Topic: Is there a shop in Toronto that buys/knows about old Canadian Tire Money?  (Read 3645 times)
booze

My late father always seemed to be of the impression that his CTM would be valuable, since he had bills going back many decades.  They're a varied assortment, a couple of hundred bills I suppose in different conditions and with values from a few pennies to $2 bills.  I'm just wondering if there's some sort of coin/currency shop in Toronto, or some sort of dealer who could give the bills the once-over to see if there's anything rare with good value.  Cheers.
jay4e
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:25 am »

I don't know any stores in Toronto but I sent your query to half a dozen collectors in the Toronto area!

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!
booze
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 09:08:51 am »

Much appreciated.  I figure someone with knowledge could rifle through them in 5 minutes and say something like "Retail value, $600, I'll give you $250", and we could both be happy.  I have no desire to start putting individual bills on eBay or attending conventions etc., just want to get a fair market estimate, then arrive at a figure that leaves enough meat on the bone for someone who might resell them (or give a decent price to a hoarder/collector who just wants them all!).  I started going through some bills on a collector website and indeed I have things starting from the very first series (though some in rough condition), but there's no way I could scan them all or type in all their serial numbers.  I'm much too lazy for that, it might be different if instead of Canadian Tire Money I had Spanish gold doubloons salvaged from a treasure ship.

Login with username, password and session length