Author
Topic: Could this be an insert ?  (Read 4515 times)
Baanos
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:31:46 pm »

Hello. I have been to the RBC yesterday and asked for the new 20$ notes. I was given 10, which I then entered in the SNDB.

What I found unusual is that I only had 9 sequential notes. The 10th one had a different prefix, block number and was from a different SN range.

These are the ones I found:

BIM 1948177 to BIM 1948185

BIR 5896488 (which came either before or after the sequential notes, unless it was from a different pile, which I don't know)

Could the latter be an insert ?
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »

Not likely. These notes likely became mixed in the bank. Also because if you did have an insert note then that means if it was replacing a BIM note then the note would have to be below BIM (that is BIE-BIM). What is possible (but also not likely) is the BIM notes you got are the insert notes replacing the BIR notes. Keep in mind its very early and it will take time before any ranges become known.  The only real way to know if you had possible inserts would have been to withdraw more cash and see the outcome.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »

Many times when notes are put into the ATM they are shuffled and mixed to separate the notes. It is very common to get small runs of notes and then other prefixes and back to small runs again.
Having filled ATM's before a lot depends on the time you have to fill them...if you have the time you shuffle more if you don't the brick may go in ...in order.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length