Author
Topic: Reasons for Inserts and Replacements on Polymer Notes?  (Read 5695 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:51 pm »

Is there a way to find out the specific reasons why replacements are used in polymer notes? i.e. what are the specific reasons why notes may be discarded and replaced with others?

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
stashthecash
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 12:33:03 am »

Is there a way to find out the specific reasons why replacements are used in polymer notes? i.e. what are the specific reasons why notes may be discarded and replaced with others?
Could be a 101 reasons....notes that are ripped,torn, damaged, ink issues,,,,,
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:02:43 am »

Could be a 101 reasons....notes that are ripped,torn, damaged, ink issues,,,,,

Thank you.

I understand that it could be any number of issues. I am wondering if based on "possible damaged" notes that get passed the quality control and into circulation if there is a listing of potential varieties of damages for different series of notes i.e. what are the likely issues with polymer notes etc.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:33:03 am »

Thank you.

I understand that it could be any number of issues. I am wondering if based on "possible damaged" notes that get passed the quality control and into circulation if there is a listing of potential varieties of damages for different series of notes i.e. what are the likely issues with polymer notes etc.

Also, you have to take in consideration that the Bank of Canada give notes to people before the release (when they do some test). I guess they come back not so beautiful, so they may be destroy and reprinted. They also do some test with their own banknotes.

See my banknotes collection at http://banknotes.davidbelanger.net/.
Find special numbers for your banknotes quickly by using this tool. Useful for the bundles.

Login with username, password and session length