Author
Topic: Visible "face" in the new $20 polymer  (Read 4771 times)
jcCDN
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »

I'm surprised that no one has noticed a "face" in the new $20 polymer note.  It's in the exact same location as the famous "Devil's" head (just above the Queen's right ear).  If you examine the lighter areas first you can definitely recognize a chin, a grinning smile, a long curved nose, and one eye.

Any thoughts or comments on this? 
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:56:07 pm »

I'm looking but nothing is jumping out at me.  Do I need to consume a controlled substance beforehand to be able to see this face?  8)

No hay banda  
jcCDN
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:30 pm »

No, this is all on the up and up.  I showed it to a friend on the weekend, and she could spot it as well.  If you pick it out once, you'll see it every time that you look at it.
Dartviking
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:48:48 am »

I have tried and tried to look/turn/etc and cannot find a face in the queen's hair, maybe you should scan/highlight where you see it and post ? :(
Shylo
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:22:33 am »

When I was a kid my bedroom ceiling was stippled.... many times I would just stare at the ceiling and make pictures and patterns...

I think the same thing is going on here.. if you stare at something long enough a pattern or picture will eventually emerge..

I just don't think it's quite as clear as the "devils face" '54 series
jcCDN
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:11 am »

Attached is a scan of a $20.00 polymer note.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:57:52 pm »

Attached is a scan of a $20.00 polymer note.

I don't see a face in the Queen's hair or a scan anywhere in your post.  Coincidence?  :-D

No hay banda  
jcCDN
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 11:26:52 pm »

Well let's just try this again.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 11:59:13 pm »

Nope, no pictures visible.

When you upload an image file to ImageShack, you have to copy the resulting code (which tells the forum software where to find the image and how to display it) into the body of your message.  The image is not going to be attached automatically to your posts.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length