Author
Topic: Macklem-Carney $5 and 410 notes  (Read 91453 times)
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:21 am »

This  California  numismatic historian wishes  to  know  whether  any $5 or  $10  notes  with  Macklem-Carney signatures  have  been  printed.   I have never seen  one  listed on  Ebay  or  anywhere  else.  Have they  been  printed? Released  into circulation?   Any  of you collectors have them  yet??    Is  there  anyone  among you  who  would  be  willing  to  send me   high-res  images of these  notes?   Thank  you. 
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:39:58 am »

This  California  numismatic historian wishes  to  know  whether  any $5 or  $10  notes  with  Macklem-Carney signatures  have  been  printed.   I have never seen  one  listed on  Ebay  or  anywhere  else.  Have they  been  printed? Released  into circulation?   Any  of you collectors have them  yet??    Is  there  anyone  among you  who  would  be  willing  to  send me   high-res  images of these  notes?   Thank  you. 
$5 Macklem Carney notes have been released into circulation
I know for a fact that an HAE and HAL prefix have been listed and sold on EBAY
however both were in circulated condition

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:02:20 am »

I have an extremely beat up HAE note I pulled from circulation a few months back, it is a charitable Fine but I am holding onto it for now.

I could post a scan if anyone is interested.

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
tmort
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:54:42 am »

HAE-L have all been released with the M-C signatures.

CPMS member
Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »

Every HAE I saw were all circulated and almost destroyed (dunno why we almost all see that ?) ... The besst I saw was maybe EF at most. I saw 2.

See my banknotes collection at http://banknotes.davidbelanger.net/.
Find special numbers for your banknotes quickly by using this tool. Useful for the bundles.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »

Every HAE I saw were all circulated and almost destroyed (dunno why we almost all see that ?) ... The besst I saw was maybe EF at most. I saw 2.
Are you sure they were the Macklem Carney signatures and not the Jenkins Carney signatures?

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »

There are no $10 Macklem-Carney notes known at this time.  With the upcoming release of polymer $5 and $10 notes later this year, it appears unlikely that any new $10 Journey notes will be printed and released.

No hay banda  
Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:50:17 pm »

Are you sure they were the Macklem Carney signatures and not the Jenkins Carney signatures?

Oups, sorry. I meant not only HAE, but any Macklem-Carney (HAE to HAZ). If I see any HAE with Macklem-Carney, I know they are very very rare. Thank you for the correcting my mistake here.

See my banknotes collection at http://banknotes.davidbelanger.net/.
Find special numbers for your banknotes quickly by using this tool. Useful for the bundles.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 11:39:55 pm »

I have never seen  one  listed on  Ebay  or  anywhere  else.  Have they  been  printed?

I know for sure that some members on this forum have sold the notes before. I know for sure that these notes have sold on e-bay before by a seller whose name is similar to the name of a member on this forum.

Currently there is one note listed on e-bay - Item no: 190810449227.

And I had found VF-EF notes with HAG and HAJ prefixes before I understood the implications of serial numbers and needless to say returned it to circulation.

I have one HAG that I will be happy to scan (possibly a VF-).

But I know for sure there are members of this forum whose postings have indicated that they may have  those prefixes in UNC conditions.

Besides the SNDB database also indicates the high and low in each of the prefixes and the forum member to whom it is attributec.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:39:38 am »

Here you guys go. No they are not available. Cheers

{http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5958/hags.jpg:http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5958/hags.th.jpg}

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 02:18:47 am »

Here you guys go. No they are not available. Cheers

{http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5958/hags.jpg:http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5958/hags.th.jpg}

Thx for posting.

Darn the white paper covered the sticks. But there are no stars on the notes as the stick shows through the white paper. :(

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Weeles
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 07:05:10 pm »

I personally have only seen 1 Macklem-Carney $5 and I still have it in my hands :D

It's HAJ 0092816 and I would say graded somewhere from fine to very fine. Was at a friends place the other day and he must have had 200 $5 dollar bills from a show he had a booth in and there wasn't a single Macklem-Carney note in the lot.

Been collecting few bills for about 15 years but now getting into more serious collecting.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:10 am »

I held on to the last Macklem-Carney fiver I found, and that was several months ago.  HAL 0974374, and it's just Fine.  I have no doubt part of the reason there are so few to find is the small number that got out has become diluted with the release of lots of 2010 Jenkin-Carney notes.  But I can't think of a reason why the 2011s would be held back.

No hay banda  
docstrange
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 06:23:19 pm »

Just got my first M/C $5 HAG at Starbucks in VF condition
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:49 pm »

Today, I got a bundle of circulated $5 notes (that's 100 notes), and there were no Macklem-Carnies in there.  Not surprised but still disappointed.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length