Author
Topic: Macklem-Carney $5 and 410 notes  (Read 91457 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:52 pm »

The majority of the $5 Macklem-Carney that are being sold on Ebay lately are HAK prefix which doesn't reflect the numbers we have in the SNDB.

Actually the majority of the M/C notes reported in the SNDB are in fact HAK prefixesn and it has been documented in the SNDB.

If you go the SNDB home page with the High/Low colourful table of all the prefixes
And scroll below it to the 2nd last link

"Most Common Recently-Entered Prefixes (2 Months)" (which is labelled "NEW" )
and go to:
>Canadian Journey Notes
and select the
($5) link
-You will get a bar graph and if you bring your mouse over the CBN graph, you will see that 9 notes were recorded for HAG prefix while HAK shows 22 notes reported in the past 2 months.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »

Perhaps more importantly, many of the newly reported HAK notes fall within the first ream, i.e., in the range 0000000-0359999.

HAK was one of the scarcer M-C prefixes until recently.

No hay banda  
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »

That's kind of funny for me here. I've gone thru tons of used fives, I've seen most prefixes of 2011 fives but I've yet to see a HAK & HAJ and of course the elusive HAE2011 in my location.

dross
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 08:43:38 pm »

Actually the majority of the M/C notes reported in the SNDB are in fact HAK prefixesn and it has been documented in the SNDB.

If you go the SNDB home page with the High/Low colourful table of all the prefixes
And scroll below it to the 2nd last link

"Most Common Recently-Entered Prefixes (2 Months)" (which is labelled "NEW" )
and go to:
>Canadian Journey Notes
and select the
($5) link

-You will get a bar graph and if you bring your mouse over the CBN graph, you will see that 9 notes were recorded for HAG prefix while HAK shows 22 notes reported in the past 2 months.

I was refering to the total of notes entered for each Macklem-Carney prefix but I agree that the stats about the notes entered in the last 2 months talks more than the total to explain what we're seeing on Ebay at the moment.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:47 pm »

That's kind of funny for me here. I've gone thru tons of used fives.

It is hopeless here  because all I keep on getting is crisp 2010 notes and that too in sequential order. It seems that wherever I go used notes of all types are scarce let alone 2011 notes.  :(

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2013, 09:43:23 am »

An acquaintance at Where's Willy reports that his workplace obtained half a brick of HAK592____ in their weekly order from the bank. Perhaps there will be a flood of them over the next two weeks.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
FogDevil
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 09:18:05 am »

I think I know what's happening as of lately.  With the polymer $5 and $10 notes only a couple of weeks away from their first releases, and the BoC having so many crisp $5 notes in stock, I have a feeling that, during the final weeks of the Journey $5's, the BoC is likely aggressively clearing out as much of the unissued crisp $5 Journey notes as possible before the changeover to the new Polymer version.

It seems to be quite common that my local banks' final shipments of old issue notes are usually a shipment of crisp bills to close it off.  I have a feeling that my local Scotiabank will receive a shipment of crisp $5 and $10 bills as the official final shipment (if they do receive their final shipment within the final 2 to 4 weeks of the Journey era) pretty soon, if they haven't already.

I feel quite confident about the Polymer $5 notes coming to my local branch soon after its release, but the $10, I am totally not as confident, since the branch's shipment of $10 notes goes (much) slower, given the $10 notes' very low demand and how they don't buy anything except for Starbucks and The Second Cup items, items at a bar or pub, and fast food meals.
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 08:06:17 pm »

I think I know what's happening as of lately.  With the polymer $5 and $10 notes only a couple of weeks away from their first releases, and the BoC having so many crisp $5 notes in stock, I have a feeling that, during the final weeks of the Journey $5's, the BoC is likely aggressively clearing out as much of the unissued crisp $5 Journey notes as possible before the changeover to the new Polymer version.

Basically these last 2 weeks (and maybe a few after the polymer release) will be do or die for those unreleased 2011 M/C 5$ notes (if they exist).

PaperorPlastic
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 03:19:23 pm »

I have a feeling that we are going to be seeing many more 2011 M/C 5$ notes coming over the next few weeks.  It can't be a coincidence that I just got 2 HAK and 1 HAF today in change from a few different places after never getting a single one since like the beginning of the year   ;D

PaperorPlastic
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 04:11:13 pm »

Got another HAF today.  Weird anyone else seeing a sudden increase in the number of M/C 5$ they get in change/bank?

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 08:26:47 pm »

That's odd.  Since September 18th, there has been only 1 HAF note reported to the SNDB.  Whoever is finding them is keeping them a secret.

No hay banda  
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 06:23:22 pm »

That's odd.  Since September 18th, there has been only 1 HAF note reported to the SNDB.  Whoever is finding them is keeping them a secret.

Now I wonder who that could be   O:-)  ;)

On a more serious note I finally got the time this week to post them go check it out!  I will usually enter notes all at the same time once a week or something so there may be a delay in what I post being entered in the SNDB  :)

PaperorPlastic
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 09:25:56 pm »

Taking a look at the SNDB it appears the 2011 M/C 5$ paper notes now end near the end of prefix HAL as it says it is confirmed by the BoC.

JB-2007
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

Taking a look at the SNDB it appears the 2011 M/C 5$ paper notes now end near the end of prefix HAL as it says it is confirmed by the BoC.
I think the big question now is what they did with all the notes HAM-HAZ and HBA-HBG???
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »

I think the big question now is what they did with all the notes HAM-HAZ and HBA-HBG???

I hope they didn't destroy them.  If they did print them and destroy them, that would be a lot of notes and quite a waste for the BoC and it would also mean no M/C polymer 5$ notes  :(

Login with username, password and session length