Author
Topic: $20 bird series prefix error  (Read 5109 times)
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« on: January 11, 2005, 12:23:34 am »

Hi collectors  :o,
                  It's a mismatched prefix error(At the right side it's AYG and left side it's AZG a 2004 prefix)A person I know offer me this error in AU condition.It was found in a bank machine.I realy checked it with powerfull magnifying-glass and nothigs was wrong after I talk to a other collector(Gilles Pomerleau) and he told me to check under ultraviolet(UV) light to seew around the letters if the paper have a different reflection because if someone used a chimical product it easy to seew it with UV light and magnifying-glass I did the same things with a other 20$ with the same prefix(AYG)and the both banknote have the same result!After many examination I concluded it's a real error.Have a good collecting year.Thank you.
                        Claude.
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 12:55:37 am »

Thats an amazing error! Whats so cool about the error is that the AYG is a correct prefix of the birds series, but AZG... this is what appears in the journey series. Whats makes it hard to believe is how that Z ever ended up on the birds note to begin with. One must wonder how many of these notes were printed like that
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 10:51:48 am »

This would make a nice addition to the Online Canadian Paper Money Museum.  Would you consider submitting it and perhaps any other spectacular errors you might have?  You can email me for more information.

Thanks!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length