Author
Topic: Latest Replacement Range Updates Include SNR from 2011 $20  (Read 4231 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: June 07, 2013, 11:10:51 pm »

The GP-May 2013 update for replacement ranges has a new range for

AUT - 2011 - 6.973M-6.974M.

This is  completely baffling because I thought that the SNR and Sheet replacement were determined through the findings from bricks alongside research from SNDB that provided information on skip intervals and position numbers.

Nothing has apparently changed about the position numbers and skip intervals of AUT in at least the last 8 months or so and the bricks of AUT should have been long gone around November of last year at the latest.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 06:51:22 am »

the bricks of AUT should have been long gone around November of last year at the latest.
Bricks of prefixes thought long gone commonly appear out of the blue and I assume it is just the way they are pulled from the depots. Many times when ordering bricks you think that your prefixes are progressing and then suddenly your back to prefixes that you were getting a year ago or even longer.  They obviously don't follow the FIFO rule....in fact about 3 months ago I still got a BTG brick of 10's ...We can only assume that when new bricks come into a storage facility they are sometimes just stacked on the bricks that are already there and leaving them on the bottom of the pallet...how often this happens and how long they are buried...only time will tell...
that's part of the fun...you really never know what you will get....the only think I would bet on is that there won't be any '37 series bricks coming my way :(

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 11:35:58 am »

Bricks of prefixes thought long gone commonly appear out of the blue and I assume it is just the way they are pulled from the depots. Many times when ordering bricks you think that your prefixes are progressing and then suddenly your back to prefixes that you were getting a year ago or even longer.

I concur: the releases of the various BOC prefixes does not appear to occur in descending alphabetical order any more than the numbering of notes (which seems to be getting more a more jumbled in many bricks). That's what I have found the past few years- maybe others have seen a different pattern.  for $5.00- I just got an HPM bundle recently (before that: HPK, HPW & HPF).  They seem very scrambled (and I got a run of new BTZ $10 with some BFK's earlier this year). Those weren't sealed bricks but I am pretty sure BTZ were being released over the past year as I found new ones over and over again.

I found a very high numbered HPB in an HPF brick and reported it but it has not yet been confirmed (I am assuming other brick hunters have not found one either). I'm holding onto it just in case.  IMO: it may be a good idea to hold onto an unusual prefixed note that one finds in a brick (of a different prefix) for a little longer than usual just so you do not spend a later confirmed insert.

Login with username, password and session length