Author
Topic: Research on Newfoundland cash notes  (Read 7030 times)
Weeles
« on: June 08, 2013, 10:31:48 am »

Hello ,

I am wondering if any of you have Newfoundland Government cash notes. I am doing a research on the back design of these notes from something I noticed on the back of my own 1913-14 25cent note.
 What I am looking for is a high res scan of the back of the notes listed below.......

1910-11  25cent,50cent,$1,$2 and $5(I do understand these are only in institution)
 1911-12  25cent,50cent,$1,$2
 1912-13  25cent,50cent,$1,$2
 1913-14  50cent,$1,$2

If you are willing to email me the scans shown above can you also list what year the notes are.
You can email the scans to WEELES@sympatico.ca

Thanks

Been collecting few bills for about 15 years but now getting into more serious collecting.

Weeles
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:38:08 pm »

I am still looking for high resolution scans of these notes. I now have the 25 cent and the 50 cent notes. From what I have seen I only need one scan for each denomination and not all the years. Now though I would also like a front scan as well, so I need the $1 and $2 dollar note scans.

For those of you that are worried I will NOT be using your scans for anything but reasearch and when I am done with the research I will ask if I may use your scans in an article for the CPMS. If you decline I WILL accept your choice and not use it.  It will be an interesting article for those who have these notes in their collection, I won't go into details until I can do the article though.

Thanks Wayne .

Been collecting few bills for about 15 years but now getting into more serious collecting.

Weeles
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 04:46:16 pm »

Through the generous help of a member of the CPMS as well as on here and a good friend of mine, he has got me (through connections himself) scans of the 50 cent and the $1 notes. So I have completed my research on these notes as well as my own 25 cent note.

So as an up date I am now just looking for a high resolution scan of the $2 note, I can use the scans from the BOC but there scans are not very good quality. I am hoping to get everything done and the article ready for the next CPMS journal.

Thanks again
 Wayne

<<<<<< My next reply to this is when I no longer need scans >>>>>

Weeles
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

Well I have now got the scans I need to do the article thanks to one member of this forum and a good friend of mine and his contacts. I still am working on the back of the $5 dollar note, and I am trying to have this article complete for the next CPMS journal. But if not in the September journal then it definitely will be in the December journal for those who are interested in these findings.

Wayne.

Login with username, password and session length