Author
Topic: Chapters: Canadian Government Paper Money, 26th Edition $18.77 PREORDER  (Read 12307 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FREE SHIPPING for orders over $25. CLICK HERE TO ORDER

The pricing panel once again report a "soft" market, but there has been a noticeable strengthening of demand for popular, low cost, entry level notes, which can only bode well for the hobby.  Pricing changes mainly reflect fine tuning rather than broad trends.  That said, it is true that price increases outnumber decreases by a substantial margin.  Rare and popular notes continue to shine, as they would in almost any market, as demonstrated by recent sales of a Province of Canada $10, a 1924 Queen Mary $5 and a 1986 $5 GOG0 test note on Luminus substrate, all at prices north of $20,000.

The error note section at the back of the book has seen some rather sharp upward revisions as a result of the sale of the Tom Merritt collection in 2012.  Recent very strong sales of Newfoundland cash notes, 1901 - 1909, are reflected in significantly higher prices for most, particularly in VF grade.  Depression scrip continues to trend higher, by modest increments, and most of the Specimen notes continue to gain ground.  Premiums for Gem Uncirculated Dominion notes are, generally speaking, considerably higher than previously.  On the negative side, most 1986 $2 notes from the first signature changeover period remain too plentiful to support even their reduced valuations, and have therefore been subjected to further cuts.

Pricing has been tied to Canadian grading practices, as described in the front of the catalogue, which should help clear up confusion resulting from the prevalence of notes of the market which have been graded by incompatible standards.

In addition to the annual updating of prefixes and census data, a few more images are now in colour.  There is a new 1971 $10 replacement range, and new listings for Prince Edward Island treasury notes have been added.  A brief reference explains Province of Canada bond proofs from the American Bank Note Co. Archives Sale, as we get so many questions about them.

Format: Spiral Bound

Dimensions: 6.69 × 8.66 × in

Published: July 15, 2013

Publisher: The Charlton Press

Language: English

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:24:15 am by Wizard1 »

Wizard1
  • Global Moderator

Don't forget to go through Airmilesshops.ca or your favorite Cashback site prior to purchasing!

iwantitall

THANK YOU.. done and ordered

tmort

Thanks for the info!

CPMS member
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member

Just a quick note... Those who may be waiting for my traditional bulk order should not hold their breath.  I will not be continuing the GPM bulk order this year.  I encourage all members to either support their local coin dealer or take advantage of special pricing from Chapters as above.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
twoplustwo

Thanks OP - Ordered
viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625

Receive an email today , mine is shipped !!!!

8) Patrick 8)
* Solids 1 Digit & Error Notes 4 Life*
twoplustwo

Yup. same here!
JB-2007

When did you order your book? I ordered mine on June 29 but haven't gotten any message yet saying the book is being shipped. Its first come first serve, perhaps it might be a while yet before i get mine?
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator

Ordered the day I posted the deal. Got notice early this week that it was being shipped

viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625

Same as Wizard1   JB-2007.... the day that he post the message !

Hope you will receive email soon...

When did you order your book? I ordered mine on June 29 but haven't gotten any message yet saying the book is being shipped. Its first come first serve, perhaps it might be a while yet before i get mine?

8) Patrick 8)
JB-2007

Same as Wizard1   JB-2007.... the day that he post the message !

Hope you will receive email soon...

I should have ordered earlier, oh well. I'm in no rush. I'll get it soon.  :(
viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625

Well got my book today in the mail :)

I hope you will have it soon JB-2007

8) Patrick 8)
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector

Earlier today I happened to visit the Chapter's store at the South Keys Mall on Bank Street in Ottawa and they had several copies of the 26th Edition available. Needless to say I purchased one. The new section dealing with grading practices (pages xii and xiii), in particular the differences between Canadian and American grading standards is absolutely brilliant and needs to be read and digested by all collectors, dealers and auction houses!

The following statement is emphasized in the latest edition --- "Values are for notes which have been graded according to Charlton grading standards."

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!

It is still available at the original link for $18.77... Ordered mine Wednesday with free value shipping and got it on Friday(!)

A great price, and a great book.

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
JB-2007

Ordered my book on June 29 on chapters/indigo website. Still waiting for it. I also ordered the coin catalogue 68th at the same time but this book will only be released in mid-August. I chose regular shipping to save money. Looks like they are holding my order until both books become available. It is the first time they do this to me, usually they have always shipped my books one at a time as they became available. Has anyone else had this problem? 
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator

Ordered my book on June 29 on chapters/indigo website. Still waiting for it. I also ordered the coin catalogue 68th at the same time but this book will only be released in mid-August. I chose regular shipping to save money. Looks like they are holding my order until both books become available. It is the first time they do this to me, usually they have always shipped my books one at a time as they became available. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Actually initially when I placed my order I did the same thing, but I saw that the expected shipment date for both items were the same date of the item that was released later. I quickly cancelled my order and separated it into two orders and had them shipped for free to a local Chapters/indigo store for pickup instead.

JB-2007

Actually initially when I placed my order I did the same thing, but I saw that the expected shipment date for both items were the same date of the item that was released later. I quickly cancelled my order and separated it into two orders and had them shipped for free to a local Chapters/indigo store for pickup instead.
I was thinking of doing that too, yet when i tried it was still charging me a shipping charge (maybe because i live in Quebec). Anyway i am not upset as its such a good deal online, it says my order will arrive on August 20th, its less than a month now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:59:10 pm by JB-2007 »

Login with username, password and session length