Author
Topic: Foreign Sellers on eBay  (Read 10289 times)
therealco1986
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 07:33:38 am »

The other thing you did was place multiple bids on top of your $32, bid. In my opinion you leave yourself open to be run up by someone else that was watching that note or possibly by the seller with another ebay account. It's easy to run your bid up in $2. increments to see how far your willing to go without committing to buy the bill yourself
Just make 1 bid at your max. value that you are willing to pay.
I see this type of biding all the time and wonder if people think this scares off other bidders or??

I find eBay to be a bit peculiar when it comes to bidding.  Some items, I don't mind bidding my maximum at the beginning, and see how it goes.  But, often times, I'll end up bidding low on something (possibly not even getting a winning bid out of it) just so I can get updates on my phone and look through easily rather than watching an item.  That way, when there's 15 minutes left, I get a notification so that I can take a look and see how the bidding is going, and decide whether or not to big last minute right there.

Sniping an auction, on the other hand, is  good when you are up against someone who only bids in tiny increments.  Then you can usually put in a bid of a few dollars more to outbid them.  But, my bidding style varies all the time.  Depends on how bad I want it also! 
Tanthalas17
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 06:47:35 pm »

I have actually purchase a number of notes from the united states that are well below their book value. I have a few more I am waiting to review once they arrive at my American P.O. Box. I am surprised at the number of international sellers with notes from 1900-1954....

-Chris

Login with username, password and session length