Author
Topic: Newbie with questions  (Read 8376 times)
canadiancoinaholic
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:13:26 pm »

Hi all. I was going to enter some serial numbers but I'm not sure what the fpn and bpn are or were to find them. Haven't been collecting long and still quite ignorant of all the acronyms. Thanks for your help, Dan
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 02:20:17 pm »

Hi all. I was going to enter some serial numbers but I'm not sure what the fpn and bpn are or were to find them. Haven't been collecting long and still quite ignorant of all the acronyms. Thanks for your help, Dan

check out this link on the forum...it will show you were to find FP BP #'s (FRONT PLATE BACK PLATE)
in the frontier (polymer series) the FP and BP #'s are the same

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=13356.0

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
canadiancoinaholic
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:22:42 pm »

Thanks friedsquid never would have found it without you :)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:26:22 pm »

Thanks friedsquid never would have found it without you :)

Just use the forum SEARCH tab ..there are many topics/questions that have been asked before and easy to find...a lot of useful and valuable information at your fingertips

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 04:21:19 pm »

On the Polymer notes the numbers have been the same front and back at the far lower right section on the front and likewise on the back when you turn the bill over.

Reason I'm chiming in here is because I have a bill that won't scan and appears to be missing the fpn, plus MacDonald's face seems to have blotches on it.  FTA0176664 bpn = 12

Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:19:00 pm »

Subsequently to the last message, I did finally find the fpn which is very faint and located to the right of the first 'A' in Canada not even close to where they usually are.

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 11:30:03 pm »

Subsequently to the last message, I did finally find the fpn which is very faint and located to the right of the first 'A' in Canada not even close to where they usually are.

Would you be so kind enough to share a picture of that.

Thank you

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?

Login with username, password and session length