Author
Topic: How hard is it to find replacements?  (Read 3065 times)
PaperorPlastic
« on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

Since I've recently gotten into Canadian tire money I decided to start a collection with what I can find from circulation.  A few of my friends let me search their stashes  :) and from about 60$ worth of Ctm searched I only found 1 replacement note, a series 26 5 cent with the 2019 prefix!  I'm not complaining but I'm surprised that's all I found especially since there were a lot of notes to look through (mostly 5 and 10 cents).  I'm surprised is it really this hard to find replacement notes?  :o

jay4e
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »

Replacements in Canadian Tire Money is as hard to find as replacements in Canadian Paper Money.  After all it is printed by the same printers.  The series 26 - 5ยข with the 2019 has nearly 113 thousand notes in circulation plus nearly 15 million of the regular notes.  I checked 13,000 new and used notes in the last 2 days and I did not find one replacement.  If they were that common they wouldn't be worth more than the regular notes. You have to be perseverant!  Good luck with your hunt!

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »

Thank you  :)  Yeah I knew replacements would be rare but I dunno it seems even harder than Canadian money.  Then again I don't really get much ctc money at a time, but I'm happy I have one replacement at least.  ;)

Login with username, password and session length