Author
Topic: What are your thoughts on the final design of 5's and 10's?  (Read 9221 times)
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 06:25:16 pm »

Finally got to see the new 10$ note and well its kinda like the 5$ not bad compared to the others but the portrait of Macdonald just doesn't seem right.  What stands out to me especially is the size of his nose, it looks pretty big in relation to the size of his face.  I agree with Rupiah the green of the trees is practically non existent and would have been nice to see.  Overall, I don't really like the series all together but these last two don't seem too bad but maybe it's because, even though the colors are pale, blue and purple are some of my favorite colors  :). Still those portraits of Laurier and Macdonald just don't seem right. >:(

venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »

Still those portraits of Laurier and Macdonald just don't seem right. >:(

I think Laurier's portrait is the worst of the lot.  His head looks like a marshmallow!!

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:43 pm »

I think Laurier's portrait is the worst of the lot.  His head looks like a marshmallow!! 

Pretty cruel thing to say about a guy that has been buried for over 94 years   :'(

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 12:54:47 am »

Pretty cruel thing to say about a guy that has been buried for over 94 years   :'(

Actually pretty flattering, I'd say...if you can look as appetizing as something like a marshmallow--even a roasted one--after being dead that long, you're in pretty good shape!  ;)

PaperorPlastic
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »

The weirdest thing I heard was when the bills just came out there was a discussion by a radio station about them.  A person who called in said Laurier looked like Stephen Harper  :-D Haha I still can't figure that one out I don't see anything that would suggest it.

Login with username, password and session length