Author
Topic: 1979 20$ TEST NOTE?  (Read 20124 times)
silviosi
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 06:55:11 pm »

Hello,

The story of this note it is:

One of my custom come to me and ask me to change him a bunch of old money and keep till will have money to pay back. Almost notes are 1954 series an a few in this series. Now after 6 months and no sign from him I look at them and this note attract me cause of the S/N.

the written on the note do not tell me nothing except "590 town of Quebec".

I am new in notes collecting. Start a few months ago when the bank teller give me 15 G-Unc 100$ BKE replacement notes and how I have around 5000$ flu cash on daily basic in my hands I start to look for and I find very exitant and more interesting then coins collecting.

That is I collect coins and antiquities for more then 30 years.

Silviosi
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 08:46:19 pm »

I am leaning toward it being a high-quality counterfeit.  Where a lot of lines come together, they appear quite blurry, especially in the Queen's hair.  The lines in her hair should be individually defined even on a well circulated note.

No hay banda  
starman
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 09:42:52 pm »

How about when you run your fingers over it, does it feel like the printing is raised or is it like a picture in a magazine?
JB-2007
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »

Unfortunately, it is very likely that you have a counterfeit $20. It is never really a good sign when you find an older note in which the prefix is not listed in charlton.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 08:22:07 am »

One of my custom come to me and ask me to change him a bunch of old money and keep till will have money to pay back. Almost notes are 1954 series an a few in this series. Now after 6 months and no sign from him I look at them and this note attract me cause of the S/N.

Out of curiosity, do you even know if the 1954 notes you have are real or counterfeit.....any chance that this customer didn't return because he knew the cash was bogus?

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 02:19:00 pm »

This note looks counterfeit to me...

Login with username, password and session length