Author
Topic: Crow/Bouey ENX notes  (Read 4318 times)
gendis
« on: January 23, 2005, 12:33:30 pm »

I purchased a 1986 Crow/Bouey replacement note on eBay a number of years ago.  The serial number is ENX0444571.  I have been looking for a "back plate number" off and on for the last several years.  According to Charlton, based on the serial number, the BPN should be yellow and not hidden.  I see what appears to be a "3" in blue ink just to the left of the large blue counter about as far from the bottom of the note as the top feather on the kingfisher's tail.  The note is probably a fine with some brown staining and some ink figures on the face.  I sense I am probably looking in the wrong area of the note.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I looked for the extra water line on the wrong side of the 1964 nickel for longer than I care to admit.  

If anybody is interested I can impose upon one of my sons to post a scan of the note.

Thanks.

Gendis

Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 12:52:24 pm »

The yelow plate number is nearly impossible to see, but here is a link that shows where it should be.
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/English/BoC/Error_Misplaced.htm

Tom
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 12:53:05 pm »

If you can get your sons to post a high-resolution, colour scan (ie: 600dpi or greater) of the area I am pointing to in my attached picture, it will help identify your BPN.

Even if it cannot be easily seen in the scan, I can do a bit of Photoshop magic to make it appear.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
gendis
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 10:58:28 pm »

Thank you for your reply.  It is very much appreciated.

Gendis

Login with username, password and session length