Author
Topic: 1954 specimen notes  (Read 23424 times)
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 11:12:05 pm »

$15,000 cash offered by a pawn broker is surprisingly generous.  That's not a low-ball offer, and because it's cash, there is no commission on it and the decision to declare that as income is yours.  ;)

Sets like this were offered publicly for the first time in 1999 in the first Bank of Canada archive sale.  It might be worth investigating to see if this set was part of that sale or if it was not.  If it is NOT from that sale, that raises the pedigree of the set and you might be able to get significantly more for it if offered in a major auction.  The 1999 Bank of Canada sale was conducted by Charles Moore's auction company.  Auction catalogues can still be found secondhand or even purchases from Mr Moore directly.

No hay banda  
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 01:44:03 pm »

Hi fellow members,

This set was featured in the latest RCNA TCNC auction this past weekend.  Does anyone know how much it went for plus taxes and buyer's premium?

It was for auction item 855

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:48:20 pm by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 03:54:28 pm »

Hi fellow members,

This set was featured in the latest RCNA TCNC auction this past weekend.  Does anyone know how much it went for plus taxes and buyer's premium?

It was for auction item 855

It didn't sell, there were no bids: http://auctions.tcnccoins.com/1954-1-to-1000-Rare-Devil-s-Face-Specimen-Set-Complete-This-is-an-official-issue-from-the-Bank_i20086759

coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 05:53:40 pm »

Thanks Venga50!

Smile from your heart.  ;D
forrory
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 09:39:27 pm »

Hey everyone,

its been a few years since I've sold the bank notes and have always sort of regretted it. i was wondering if anyone knows if those original bank notes are for sale anywhere id love to make an offer and possibly purchase them back.

Anyways, bit of a long shot but who knows.

Thanks,

Login with username, password and session length