Author
Topic: CdnPaperMoney.com - Mobile Experience  (Read 9761 times)
papa.charlie
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:00:15 pm »

I've been noticing myself accessing the forum from my phone a lot lately (Maybe the Google Analytics On the site can speak more to how many others visit from a mobile browser, how much time is spent on site from a mobile device, etc.) and I'm left wondering if there would ever be an iPhone/Android app created or if the mobile experience will be improved? The mobile experience is ok, but I always have to resize things to read them. I know there are probably issues with development time and costs, so forgive me if I seem to be expecting too much but I just thought I’d throw it out there. What does everyone else think?

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 02:17:43 pm »

Before this conversation starts too far down this road, I'm going to say that the features and functionality of the site is almost entirely dependent upon the forum package that is employed here.  There is very little I can do to change it, and should I try, I would seriously risk the ability to upgrade the forum at a later date without a major overhaul.

As it is, upgrading is currently problematic due to some of the add-ons that have been applied.

So while I do not discount the fact that there may be improvements that can be made, the more appropriate venue for voicing those suggestions would be to the forum package developer's website.

Thanks,

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
papa.charlie
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:31:14 pm »

...I'm going to say that the features and functionality of the site is almost entirely dependent upon the forum package that is employed here.  There is very little I can do to change it, and should I try, I would seriously risk the ability to upgrade the forum at a later date without a major overhaul.

As it is, upgrading is currently problematic due to some of the add-ons that have been applied.

Totally understand. Curiously though, have you seen a steady increase in mobile traffic over the last year or so? Maybe I'm the only chump accessing on my phone.... :P

Login with username, password and session length