Author
Topic: Bank of Canada new polymer $100 notes (full 8 mins b-roll) - with English commen  (Read 3147 times)
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408

I was quite surprised to note that the skip number between two adjacent vertical notes is 8000.

It's different from that is observed with the 5$ notes where the skip number seems to be only 200...?  I'm wndering why?...

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious

Thanks Roberto for posting this. **thumbs up**

Did anyone else notice the prefix and serial numbers of the notes?  EKZ, and always below 940000.  So they are showing us notes that, for all we know, have not been issued for circulation since the few EKZ notes recorded to date are all above 9400000.

I was quite surprised to note that the skip number between two adjacent vertical notes is 8000.

It's different from that is observed with the 5$ notes where the skip number seems to be only 200...?  I'm wndering why?...

The $100 denomination was the first issued, so it was not surprising to see that the numbering format of the Journey series carried over into the Frontiers series.  Skip-8,000 was later followed by skip-1,000 with a split layout, and then the skip-200 format came out.  Why would they change numbering formats?  We can hypothesize about it and we might be right or we might be wrong.  But the numbers in the database don't lie.  I previously wrote that the skip-200 system might have been a clever way to print more sheets per run instead of less.  There has to be some kind of advantage or some kind of concession for them to change numbering systems over time.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length