Author
Topic: $5.00 brick 100% Frontier now  (Read 3503 times)
bricker
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »

picked up a $5.00 brick on monday and was surprised to find 100% polymer notes (none of which were UNC). RBC teller in Montreal says they have been instructed to remove pre-security Journeys and all older notes but post-security Journeys are clearly being removed in the ROC.

My brick contained most of the series in proportion to the volumes already reported in the SNDB including 2 HBY's, a few insert/replacements and 3 new record hi/lo #'s in HBS and HCA. No radars or anything worth keeping as they're all EF40 or worse.

Total of 56 HBG's were all over 4.500m... but each time I saw 'HBG' my heart skipped a beat (for the newbies, a $5.00 HBG below 4.500m means M-C signatures).

Is it worth keeping the HBY's? Only 11 have been reported to date where most other HB-series have over 1000 notes in the DB. One is VF-20 but the other is maybe EF-40.

PaperorPlastic
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:15 pm »

Thanks for sharing your finds bricker!  :)

Is it worth keeping the HBY's? Only 11 have been reported to date where most other HB-series have over 1000 notes in the DB. One is VF-20 but the other is maybe EF-40.

I don't know if they would be worth keeping.  It's only 10$ so you could keep them for now and if the rest end up being released then you could just spend them.   :)

Total of 56 HBG's were all over 4.500m... but each time I saw 'HBG' my heart skipped a beat (for the newbies, a $5.00 HBG below 4.500m means M-C signatures).

Right now that's only an unconfirmed changeover.  The actual changeover could be different but you are right that all of the M/C 5$ HBG notes are all under that number as of right now.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:22:48 pm »

A few months ago, I obtained two bundles of $5 notes, and they were 100% polymer notes.

Today, I obtained one bundle, and it was about 15% paper 85% plastic.  The paper notes were almost ubiquitously low grade but with no major damage.

So there are differences over time and at various institutions, but the main point is that there is still no official recall of Journey notes, so it's really just hit or miss if you obtain some.  As long as there is no recall, banks will be more willing to recirculate older notes rather than pay added costs of ordering new notes.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length