Author
Topic: Error notes?  (Read 4058 times)
dross
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:45:14 pm »

Would like to know if the first note could be considered as an error note? Is the offset printing is enough?

Also, on the second note, I would like to know if you've ever seen splattering like that? Only the front is like that.

Thanks again
Dave
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »

Would like to know if the first note could be considered as an error note? Is the offset printing is enough?

Also, on the second note, I would like to know if you've ever seen splattering like that? Only the front is like that.

Thanks again
Dave

I have seen a few Canadian tire notes that are like the top one in your picture.  If part of the other note next to it were showing and part of your note was cut off, then that would be worth a bit of a premium and it looks pretty cool. 

The second note I have not seen anything like it and I don't know what could have caused that.  One of the more experienced CTM collectors on this forum might know what that is.  :)

jay4e
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:23:28 am »

Hello Dross,

The first note, as PaperorPlastic explains is just a badly cut note. Note much of a premium there plus it is in rough shape.

As for the second note, again due to it wear, it could be just dirt or paint or ink splatter!  It would be interesting to see the back of the note.

Jay4e

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!
dross
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:47 pm »

Thanks for the clarification on the badly cut one.

As for the other one, the splattering is only on 1 side.  The other side doesn't have any splatter spots.
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:33:50 pm »

How high on the list would this error be placed?  All three notes are in CUnc.

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 02:40:26 pm »

Sorry.  Seem to have a problem with understanding how to post a photo..... will get it straightened out later today...... I hope.

Is there any way I may delete earlier posts?

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 05:55:53 pm »

I think the spots on the second note might be just foxing.

Login with username, password and session length