Author
Topic: BEWARE: Altered Canadian $2 1954 Notes being sold as Errors  (Read 25232 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 09:37:06 pm »

Here is an example where substantial portion of intaglio ink from one side of one note got stuck to the other side of an adjacent  note during printing.

The image on the left shows the intaglio with missing ink and the image on the right taken from the other note shows the intaglio ink in exactly the same location and shape on the back of the adjoining note.

I am sure there are other examples of this but the point is if this can happen then what is shown in the example note could also happen.

As I implied earlier I am just raising the possibility that something like what happened in the note is possible perhaps unlikely. But then doesn't that make for interesting bank notes?

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 12:08:01 am »

Just an FYI, as mentioned in the first post of the altered $1. This is $1 error comes from the exact same group that did the $2 "errors" in the first post of this thread. Same type of ebay account, same style of posting , same layout and font, same money back "guarantee"

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 04:48:03 am »

As I implied earlier I am just raising the possibility that something like what happened in the note is possible perhaps unlikely. But then doesn't that make for interesting bank notes?
You raise many good points.  Here is the problem.  Right-fighting doesn't solve anything.  It doesn't matter if a note is genuine or fake.  What matters is what most people think.  If most people see a note as being fake, doesn't matter if it is real.  Majority rules, unfortunately.

No hay banda  
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 04:15:17 pm »

I did this in under 30 seconds. There are no traces of abrasion whatsoever. Buyer beware.

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 04:16:24 pm »

Sorry here it is...

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 04:37:05 pm »

turning five bucks into a few hundred in less than 30 seconds ...no bad lol :)

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 05:38:58 pm »

I found someone trying to sell this as an error with the front having the ink of a $20! I have my opinion but just wondering everyone elses.

To recollection there has never been errors with the wrong color used on a Canadian banknote. I know there are the different tints on the 1974 $2's.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:27:02 pm by BWJM »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 08:28:52 pm »

I found someone trying to sell this as an error with the front having the ink of a $20! I have my opinion but just wondering everyone elses.

To recollection there has never been errors with the wrong color used on a Canadian banknote. I know there are the different tints on the 1974 $2's.

Strictly in my personal opinion, I believe this to be a matter of faded or otherwise altered ink, perhaps chemically.  There's no legitimate error here.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for your response Brent!

Manny

Login with username, password and session length