Author
Topic: $5 HBG Polymer Macklem-Carney Prefix  (Read 50868 times)
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2015, 11:00:05 am »

The seller is a well known brick buyer in metro Vancouver.   Seems that he could have stumbled upon bundles of HBG M/C from a local bank branch, since many banks have ordered their cash for the Chinese New Year
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:06:05 am by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
Don_D
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2015, 01:25:21 pm »

i got 20 of HBG 22 unc from a bank branch this morning.  i just causally asked for some new notes.
AZ
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »

i got 20 of HBG 22 unc from a bank branch this morning.  i just causally asked for some new notes.

Where are you located? I wonder if I should start looking for unc notes here in Toronto. So far unc/au HBG M/C notes have been found in Vancouver, Edmonton and Quebec.
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2015, 03:16:57 pm »

Where are you located? I wonder if I should start looking for unc notes here in Toronto. So far unc/au HBG M/C notes have been found in Vancouver, Edmonton and Quebec.

Mostly from local bank branch in Vancouver/Metro Vancouver past few days. However, some/almost all have a limit of number of new notes per denomination you can get, specially on fives.   

In fact a main branch that had HBG Carney earlier ran out of the new fives, tens and fifties yesterday afternoon.  The next order will come Tue next week and who know if they will get more HBG Carney??  A friend only got HBZ yesterday.

I understand so far the bricker didn't get bundles of them. Actually only a handful was given to the bricker from a friend who was lucky to get some.

Time will tell if people can stumble upon bundles of these HBG M/C.

Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2015, 05:12:03 pm »

hi kobecurrency

Which bank/branch in Vancouver? I work near Chinatown and if branches have ordered new notes for lunar new year, maybe I'll get lucky

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
docstrange
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »

Maybe the BOC is cleaning out the vault, getting ready to start printing the Wilkins'-Poloz $5
 :)
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

I was fortunate to acquire some of the $5 HBG M/C notes this afternoon. 

Smile from your heart.  ;D
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »

hi kobecurrency

Which bank/branch in Vancouver? I work near Chinatown and if branches have ordered new notes for lunar new year, maybe I'll get lucky

Try RBC main branch, downtown Vancouver. Actually pretty well all 5 major bank branches in Vancouver, Richmond, and Burnaby may have them, specially ones with heavy Chinese Asian centres would be a better choice.

Happy hunting.

JB-2007
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2015, 11:59:06 am »

They are now easily available on ebay in all three ranges 0M, 1M and 2M range most in gem unc. It looks as though the bank of canada has circulated its entire 3.6M batch of macklem-carney notes. Still overpriced in my opinion but i think $50 for a GEMUNC seems reasonable as this is a changeover prefix.
Lamb
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:01 pm »

disaster? everywhere i went, i ran into unc consecutive HBG 21 or 22

John
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2015, 02:58:17 pm »

disaster? everywhere i went, i ran into unc consecutive HBG 21 or 22
I don't see this as a disaster...it just gives more collectors the opportunity to get the note at fv price
Collectors have always gambled .. sometimes you win some times you lose...that's just life.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2015, 09:06:09 pm »

Hi,

One thing I would like to share with you it's the new HBG (Mc-Car) are release in circulation, but all the unc condition are between maybe 0000000 to maybe under 3 180 000.  I suppose some bricks going out in circulation. My point is what about the range of 3 180 000 and over they were found all in circulation and in poor condition.  They were the first who was found.  When I looked in circulated bricks I found many HBG (Mc-Pol) in all condition but the only(little bit of those) HBG (Mc-Car) was found are in poor condition. Someone tolds me maybe all the notes over 3 180 000 range they were used to maybe test the counting machine at the bank. What all of you think about that, your impression, etc.....

Claude
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2015, 09:41:38 pm »

I guess some people may want theirs to be more rare than those being found now  :-D
Could simply be the way bricks were distributed and how they were stored in depots...whatever is up front is sent out first and some get buried as new stuff comes in...and as always it eventually appears...unless the BOC is going to come out with a statement I would rather have that gem unc than that vf....

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
JB-2007
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »

Hi,

Someone tolds me maybe all the notes over 3 180 000 range they were used to maybe test the counting machine at the bank. What all of you think about that, your impression, etc.....

Claude
I would not rule out that possibility. When you think about it these notes have been circulating around for quite some time yet all HBGs under 3.0M have only just been put into circulation in big quantities just recently. This could be similar to the G/R notes where most are regular issue and a very small fraction in a small range were test notes.
Roberto
  • cpms 1223
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2015, 03:37:18 pm »

so contunu in two weeks HBG $ 10 Gunc :D

Login with username, password and session length