Author
Topic: Difference in size of $10 face side position number  (Read 5007 times)
coinsnpaper
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:36:53 pm »

I have received a $10 bill, serial number FTK 8181664. The position number on the train side is the regular small number-44. The plate number on the face side has a small 4 and the regular large 4 following it. The small 4 seems to be the same size as the 4 on the train side. I have not noticed this variation on any other bills that I have looked at or reported. Any comments?
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:45:55 pm »

I have received a $10 bill, serial number FTK 8181664. The position number on the train side is the regular small number-44. The plate number on the face side has a small 4 and the regular large 4 following it. The small 4 seems to be the same size as the 4 on the train side. I have not noticed this variation on any other bills that I have looked at or reported. Any comments?

Any chance you can share a scan of that area?

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
coinsnpaper
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:39:58 pm »

I will try- it is hard because my scanner is not working properly.
coinsnpaper
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 03:24:54 pm »

Some more information about the polymer notes- $5 bills have small position numbers on both sides, $10 bills normally have small position numbers on the train side, and large position numbers on the face side, $20 bills normally have small position numbers on both sides, $50 bills have small position numbers on the boat side, and large position numbers on the face side, and $100 bills have small position numbers on both sides. I would love to hear about any that do not match the ordinary types.
coinsnpaper
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 02:45:13 pm »

I have finally had a very-large scan made of the position number part of the note, and it clearly shows that I am wrong. The position number overlapped some portions of the design background, which appeared the same colour with my magnification. With the scan, the slightly different colours and placing show much more clearly. I will try to get the scan up this weekend.

Login with username, password and session length