Author
Topic: Embargo on selling coins from Iran?  (Read 32261 times)
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:25:20 pm »

I recently tried to list a nice gold & silver coin set from Iran on Ebay and it was removed within 10 mins and I was sent a message stating that due to the embargo against Iran if I try to list this item again I could face a permanent ban from Ebay.

There are currently 118 coin/note items currently listed from Iran, but only 1 coin by a canadian seller.

Are Canadians not allowed to sell collectibles from Iran? Could someone please shed some light on this? Thanks!

Manny

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:12:29 am »

I recently tried to list a nice gold & silver coin set from Iran on Ebay and it was removed within 10 mins and I was sent a message stating that due to the embargo against Iran if I try to list this item again I could face a permanent ban from Ebay.

There are currently 118 coin/note items currently listed from Iran, but only 1 coin by a canadian seller.

Are Canadians not allowed to sell collectibles from Iran? Could someone please shed some light on this? Thanks!

Manny

I have heard of a similar situation from a friend ...check this out but may be somewhat vague...Check out current sanctions on LHS then sanctions related to IRAN

http://www.international.gc.ca/sanctions/index.aspx?lang=eng
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:15:24 am by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 12:27:43 pm »

Thanks Friedsquid, and your right it is very vague.

Even their contact us link states "Please be advised that Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada cannot provide legal advice to members of the public. For this reason, we cannot deliver an opinion as to whether or not a specific activity or transaction would contravene sanctions legislation. You should consider seeking legal advice in relation to an activity that may contravene a Canadian sanction law." :(

Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 12:29:19 pm »

It's funny because it seems the US does not seem to have the same sanctions.

Login with username, password and session length