Author
Topic: New eBay rules effectively treats anything NOT PMG / PCGS as RAW NOTES  (Read 14568 times)
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 01:02:33 pm »

Interesting comment from the IBNS Forum.  I really hope that Steven Bell can make a strong case to eBay to include BCS as an approved TPG for Canadian banknoes.

Topic: eBay "approved" Grading

By: 10969-R on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:27 pm
Russell Waller (10249-R) wrote: On the issue of the topic subject line I could not disagree with Ebay enough. I think it is incredibly short sighted to have chosen the two most well known US TPG's. There are other TPG's outside of the US which have excellent grading standards and in some cases more knowledge of their local currencies than their US counterparts and more strict on grade as a result. It really is a shame they have done this and is truly unfair to the other TPG's both old and new who are doing a good job in my opinion. Ebay really seems to have grown beyond itself and as a result has lost the plot a bit.

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 09:47:50 am »

I noticed today that there are still a large number (almost 400) BCS graded banknotes currently listed on eBay.

I am curious to hear about recent experiences that members have had with listing BCS graded notes on eBay.

Is eBay still removing these listings ?  If so, is it done randomly or are they targeting specific types of listings or sellers ?

Steven Bell emailed me in early August advising that he had applied to have BCS added to eBay's "approved TPG list" but hadn't received a response.

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »

I noticed today that there are still a large number (almost 400) BCS graded banknotes currently listed on eBay.

I am curious to hear about recent experiences that members have had with listing BCS graded notes on eBay.

Is eBay still removing these listings ?  If so, is it done randomly or are they targeting specific types of listings or sellers ?

Steven Bell emailed me in early August advising that he had applied to have BCS added to eBay's "approved TPG list" but hadn't received a response.

I too have spoken to Steve and as of yet, no reply from EBay...I have noticed that sellers are still putting up new ads for BCS graded notes almost daily and most have not been removed. I have also noticed a few sellers that have blacked out BCS grades on the holder and listed them that way, but I really wonder how selective EBay is when deciding whether or not they remove a post...About a week ago I had 2 BCS notes up for auction...Intentionally I had both notes showing grade and stipulating catalogue price...a supposedly no no !!! One was removed within the first 24 hrs. of putting it up the other sold and was up for about 5 days ...I didn't understand why one was left...as both were advertised the same way.
I assume that if EBay wanted to remove most of the BCS notes all they have to do is  a search like most buyers do and they could easily see 400+ notes....listed..
No rhyme or reason from what I can see...and I have seen they do target both sellers of individual notes as much as they do sellers with stores...

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length