Author
Topic: EGU  (Read 33861 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:25 pm »

pretty much ANYTHING and EVERYTHING can be counterfeited and copied.   

That is correct.

However how well do these copies hold up to even simple scrutiny is of more interest. At an event sponsored where at a talk was given by BoC rep, they showed some counterfeit notes. They were good counterfeits but anyone with even a little knowledge of the security features and making of the notes could lead anyone to know that they were counterfeits.

I suspect that the $1 note from this same vendor when handled at a show did indicate evidence of something not being right.

The bigger question for the $2 note in my mind would be whether they go to this length to do a simple error or in this case a signature-serial combination that makes such a rare note.

CA_Banknotes had rightly picked up the anomaly of the intaglio/offset being out of register at the same time on the front of the note.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
JB-2007
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 10:18:40 pm »

The bigger question for the $2 note in my mind would be whether they go to this length to do a simple error or in this case a signature-serial combination that makes such a rare note.
That's most likely what the intent is, and it worked, the seller got over $700!
ShareBear
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2015, 11:39:06 am »

Didn't the current owner state that the purchase price was $150 in a previous post on this thread?   

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »

Didn't the current owner state that the purchase price was $150 in a previous post on this thread?   
I do believe that the original poster said he paid $150 for the note but I'm not sure if the note he has is the one that sold on ebay...I believe that was another one, but I may be wrong...I didn't look at the serial numbers

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2015, 07:50:20 pm »

The serial numbers are identical for the $2 EGU note.  Most likely, this seems to be high quality copycats.

Smile from your heart.  ;D
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 05:44:41 pm »

Hmm so my spidey senses were right for once.  :o

Too much of a coincidence with such a bizarre printing screw up which was suspicious enough as it is + a good-over.
golddigger
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 10:16:01 pm »

LOL, all i can say "some days your the dog and some days  your the hydrant ....Any one want to buy a $2 bill
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:51 pm »

LOL, all i can say "some days your the dog and some days  your the hydrant ....Any one want to buy a $2 bill
Don't give up on that note so quickly.  I know a numismatic auction house that will take it as a showcase lot for their next auction - Wink wink nudge nudge  O:-)

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2015, 08:50:57 pm »

for 2 bucks and free shipping :)

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2015, 09:26:25 pm »

Sent you a message.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
golddigger
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 12:48:11 am »

Returned the seller for refund.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 11:34:25 am »

Returned the seller for refund.
will be interesting to see how that goes...now that you are holding a counterfeit note the RCMP should be knocking at your door soon  :D

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 04:16:09 pm »

will be interesting to see how that goes...now that you are holding a counterfeit note the RCMP should be knocking at your door soon  :D
Did I miss something?  How is the note counterfeit?  Assuming it is made from two different notes that have been cut and spliced together, it's not really counterfeit as much as it is a Frankenstein note.  Clearly, the note is not "as issued", but I think it is still technically redeemable for face value.

No hay banda  
golddigger
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 11:01:04 pm »

Lol i returned it the the seller on ebay for a full refund.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2015, 07:23:00 am »

Lol i returned it the the seller on ebay for a full refund.
congrats....I wonder how fast it will be posted again

Login with username, password and session length