Author
Topic: 1,0 dollar on Canada 150 note  (Read 6332 times)
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:30:16 am »

I found a small printing error on some CDB notes, so the large numeral on the back looks like a 1,0 (instead 10) See the scan.

The plate number is 32 (serial 8975100-199) and the error was found on about one every three notes.  Is anybody have already found the same error?

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:18:31 pm »

I found a small printing error on some CDB notes, so the large numeral on the back looks like a 1,0 (instead 10) See the scan.

The plate number is 32 (serial 8975100-199) and the error was found on about one every three notes.  Is anybody have already found the same error?

What you have found is a hickey. There has been an article written on this occurrence and the reason it occurs every third note or so in a CPMS journal.

I have found several $10 -150 notes with this occurring around the same region.

While you see it as a "comma" between the 1 and 0 I took it as an extra flicker of light through the trees. I will try to scan and put up a picture.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »

Here is an image from one of the notes. Black arrows point to white space between trees that is part of design and red arrows point to white space between trees created by ink missed during the printing process. Happens after every third note i.e. 1, 4, 7 etc.

Click to enlarge:

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?

Login with username, password and session length