Author
Topic: Hidden Replacement Notes  (Read 3247 times)
Stinger
  • What trees make the best paper money?
« on: February 20, 2005, 09:19:39 pm »

This posting was lost during the crash, and I felt it was a good piece of information, so here it is.

The latest series of 5 and 10 cent coupons use a 9 as the first number of the serial number.

Looking through a brick of 500,  I usually find 2 number 9 replacements.  Some times they may insert 100 - 200 replacements in a brick,  for what ever reason.  

Now, but not always the CBN is removing the damaged coupon which was a 2004 date on the top at the back of the coupon and replacing it with a 2002 date coupon.  This 2002 date coupon is printed with the same serial number that was on the damaged note.  The seial number will be much darker than the rest of the bundle.  Once these coupons enter circulation it will be almost impossible to find them as replacements.  

Just thought I would share this information.  Stinger.
mctire
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 08:41:41 pm »

You are certainly right about that,  some bricks have been found with over 200 replacement notes, however I have never seen a brick that was all replacements.

Even the gas bars might occasionally give you 2-4 if you ask for 10 or more of that value.

It is mostly luck though, being in the right place at the right time.

Mctire

Login with username, password and session length