Author
Topic: Family Collection Currently for Sale (Graded and Ungraded Notes)  (Read 6012 times)
Frank_Lut
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:07:30 pm »

Hi everyone,

My family's collection of Canadian banknotes is currently for sale. Some of the notes listed below are also posted on other threads that I've posted on the Trading Post (and mods feel free to delete/consolidate those threads as appropriate).

If you would like to see high resolution pictures of any of the notes, then please either post here or contact me by PM.

I couldn't find a way to post a list of the ungraded notes (I have it currently in an Excel file - any ideas?), but if you would like a copy of the Excel file, then please PM me.

Thanks,

Frank
Frank_Lut
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:50:37 pm »

Hi everyone, as a follow up, I still couldn't find a way to post the Excel file (have I really become a dinosaur when it comes to technology so quickly?), but I copy/pasted the list of the Ungraded Charter banknotes that are for sale, and it is legible (although it isn't the prettiest). Again, if you would like to see high resolution scans of any of the notes, then please feel free to PM me or post here. Please note that the "grades" are merely approximations as the following notes have not been professionally graded:

Year of Issuance   Denomination/ Bank    Appox. Grade    Description

1931   $5 Dominion Bank   F / VF   Creases, paper limp, bends, slightly dirty, but A series
1935   $5 Dominion Bank   AU / UNC   1 corner brown but still square
1935   $10 Dominion Bank   AU / UNC   Evidence of slight rounding
1938   $10 Dominion Bank   UNC   Perfect
1938   $5 Dominion Bank   UNC   Perfect

1935   $5 Bank of Montreal   UNC   Perfect
1935   $20 Bank of Montreal   EF / AU   Slight rounding on corners, very faint creasing
1935   $10 Bank of Montreal   UNC   Perfect
1938   $5 Bank of Montreal   UNC   Perfect
1938   $10 Bank of Montreal   AU / UNC   top right corner, but square
1938   $20 Bank of Montreal   AU / UNC   Very faint crease on back, bottom right
1942   $5 Bank of Montreal   F   Yellow, many creases faint, can see slight hole where bend
1942   $5 Bank of Montreal   VF / EF   Faint creases / folds, but good colour and corners

1935   $10 Canadian Bank of Commerce   UNC   B series... Perfect
1935   $5 Canadian Bank of Commerce   UNC   Perfect
1935   $5 Canadian Bank of Commerce   UNC   Perfect. LOGAN B series
1935   $20 Canadian Bank of Commerce   UNC   Perfect.
1935   $20 Canadian Bank of Commerce   AU   A series. Exceptional condition but slight faint centre fold

1935   $20 Royal Bank of Canada   AU / UNC   B series. Bottom right corner.
1935   $10 Royal Bank of Canada   AU / UNC   Evidence of slight rounding
1935   $5 Royal Bank of Canada   AU   2 small brown spots on front, 1 back. B series.
1935   $5 Royal Bank of Canada   UNC   Perfect
1943   $5 Royal Bank of Canada   UNC   Perfect

1934   $10 Imperial Bank of Canada   AU / UNC   Top corners on back brown, but square. A series.
1934   $5 Imperial Bank of Canada   AU / UNC   Evidence of slight rounding
1939   $5 Imperial Bank of Canada   AU / UNC   Evidence of slight rounding. B series
1939   $10 Imperial Bank of Canada   AU   Slight brown on top left edge. Bottom right corner blunted

1925   $5 Banque Canadienne Nationale   AU / UNC   Very faint crease top right corner. A series

1935   $5 Banque Canadienne Nationale   F / VF   B series. Some creases, faint center fold, slight yellowing
1935   $5 Banque Canadienne Nationale   AU / UNC   D series.
1935   $5 Banque Canadienne Nationale   UNC   C series. Perfect
1935   $10 Banque Canadienne Nationale   AU / UNC   Evidence of slight rounding

1935   $10 Provincial Bank of Canada    VF / EF   Good overall but slight rounding and browning of corners. Centre fold slightly visible. C series.
1935   $10 Provincial Bank of Canada    AU / UNC   A series. Small spot on back top right.
1935   $5 Provincial Bank of Canada    F / VF   A series. Yellowing, creases, corners round + brown
1935   $5 Provincial Bank of Canada    AU / UNC   D series. Top right corner round + brown.
1936   $5 Provincial Bank of Canada    EF / AU   B series. Top edge seems rough cut.
1936   $5 Provincial Bank of Canada    AU / UNC   A series. Very nice.
1936   $5 Provincial Bank of Canada    AU / UNC   C series. Very nice.
1936   $5 Provincial Bank of Canada    VF / EF   D series. Uneven top cut. Faint centre fold. Corners showing rounding.
1936   $10 Provincial Bank of Canada   F / VF   Yellowing of paper. 3 vert folds, 1 horiz. Corners rounded, top right slightly torn.
1936   $10 Provincial Bank of Canada   F / VF   Some yellowing on back. Bottom right corner creased. Top right corner brown smudge. Folds more visible on back.

1924   $5 Bank of Nova Scotia   VF / EF   4 vertical creases visible. Bottom left corner creased. Overall nice appearance though.
1929   $20 Bank of Nova Scotia   VF / EF   A series. Nice face but Verti + horizontal crease. Loss of colour on back.
1935   $10 Bank of Nova Scotia   UNC   Perfect.
1935   $5 Bank of Nova Scotia   UNC   Perfect.

1929   $20 Bank of Toronto   high F   Counting mark. Creases, folds, dirty on back.
1929   $5 Bank of Toronto   EF / AU   2-3 folds visible on back, small dirt spot bottom left, but overall very nice appearance
1935   $5 Bank of Toronto   AU / UNC   C series. Small spot on back.
1935   $20 Bank of Toronto   F / low VF   B series. Back soiled, creases visible. Small black spots on back
1935   $20 Bank of Toronto   VF   C series. Many creases on back visible, paper is somewhat dirty.
1935   $20 Bank of Toronto   F / VF   B series.Many creases on back visible, black smudge stains on back and front.
1937   $10 Bank of Toronto   EF / AU   Small black stain top left on back, otherwise excellent

1913 - 1914   25 cents Newfoundland Government Cash Note   VF / EF   3 creases, more visible on back. Seems browned, but solid colours and very nice overall look.
1920   $1 Newfoundland Government Cash Note   VF / EF   Light creasing visible. Great colour of ink but paper is slightly brown. A in serial #.

1935   $5 Barclays Bank Canada   F / VF (low)   Creases on edges, black spot top right, soiled paper, 3 major folds visible on back, but good overall.
1935   $10 Barclays Bank Canada    F    "30" counting mark. Creases on edges, soiled paper esp. on edges. Back heavily soiled, many horizon + vert creases. 
1935   $10 Barclays Bank Canada   VF   Center fold visible, other slight creases. Corners are blunted but still good. Paper dirty in spots but overall  clean and good colours.
Frank_Lut
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:21:24 pm »

Bump!

All of the above-mentioned notes are still available
Frank_Lut
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »

Bump!

All of the above-mentioned notes are still available

Bump!
Frank_Lut2
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 03:00:27 pm »

Hi there, I am the original poster and this is my new account (seems that I lost access since the website closed down temporarily) - please message me at this account if you are interested in any of the bank notes mentioned in the posts above. Thanks!
TheBurnz
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 08:53:45 am »

Nice collection, WOW!

Would it be possible to see your prices?

I collect 1935 Canada notes, but I would be interested in seeing the prices of the others as well.

personal email if you don't want to post them on here is b_bellini@msn.com

Thank you
Frank_Lut2
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 02:14:09 pm »

Hi everyone,

My family's collection of Canadian banknotes is currently for sale. Some of the notes listed below are also posted on other threads that I've posted on the Trading Post (and mods feel free to delete/consolidate those threads as appropriate).

If you would like to see high resolution pictures of any of the notes, then please either post here or contact me by PM.

I couldn't find a way to post a list of the ungraded notes (I have it currently in an Excel file - any ideas?), but if you would like a copy of the Excel file, then please PM me.

Thanks,

Frank

BUMP!
Frank_Lut2
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 02:53:27 pm »

Nice collection, WOW!

Would it be possible to see your prices?

I collect 1935 Canada notes, but I would be interested in seeing the prices of the others as well.

personal email if you don't want to post them on here is b_bellini@msn.com

Thank you

Hey TheBurnz, I received your PM but I can't seem to respond due to a problem with my browser. I sent the requested price list to your email mentioned above

Thanks,
Frank
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 03:39:07 pm »

Pm sent
Please send updated list with prices
Thank you
Friedsquid

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Camelford
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 10:29:36 am »

Hi - Do you still have your collection for sale?  Maybe send me a PM if you're in the Toronto area.  I tried to send a PM and had to answer a list of questions that was really annoying (hoping that can change!)

Login with username, password and session length