Author
Topic: List of Plate Numbers for Journey Series Notes?  (Read 4212 times)
jonathan
« on: February 12, 2005, 11:48:09 pm »

Hi, folks.  :)

Is it possible for there to be a list of plate numbers for each denomination of the Journey series notes, BABN or CBN?  ???

I have noticed there is a list of plate numbers for the Journey $5's printed by CBN in a separate thread.  They involve the prefixes HNC to HOA.  8)

I strongly recommend a list of plate numbers for the remaining Journey denominations, so that I (or we) won't have to display the plate numbers on each posting, as we can just look it up... :)

If it is possible for it to be done or not, I thank you for your consideration and effort.  :)

Thanks, Jonathan  ;)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:40:48 am »

The Canadian Paper Money Society Newsletter frequently has articles that make detailed reference to serial numbers and position numbers, specifically the back.  I however, can never make heads or tails of them, but hopefully you'll be able to.

But, you have to be a member of the CPMS to get the newsletters.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
JWS
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 09:29:55 am »

Well Jonathan, I think that is a wonderful project for you to do.
I'm looking forward to your submission for CBN $10 notes.
(Should keep you out of mischief for a while!)
    ;D JWS  ;D
jonathan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 12:03:25 pm »

Thanks, JWS and BWJM, but I have no plans to become a CPMS member as yet, so let me sleep on it for a little bit.  ;D

Besides, I am not a moderator, so I cannot create or post lists of such kind - yet.  :-/

Happy Valentine's Day!   :)

Later, Jonathan  :)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 03:12:46 pm »

Thanks, JWS and BWJM, but I have no plans to become a CPMS member as yet, so let me sleep on it for a little bit.  ;D

Besides, I am not a moderator, so I cannot create or post lists of such kind - yet.  :-/

The CPMS brings lots of benefits, not the least of which is the Newsletter.  Every quarter, you get a nice thick newsletter packed with lots of articles written by fellow members on all sorts of paper money related topics.  I myself have written two articles so far, the second being published in the March issue.  Plus, you are able to network with other members to further expand and build on your knowledge.  Plus, you are helping to further the hobby as a whole.  Finally, the CPMS publishes an annual journal that is sent to all members.  It too contains tons of articles, mostly essays on various chartered banks, people such as bank managers, presidents, etc.  I encourage you to join.  The membership fee is not much.  Plus this year, CPMS members were offered a special deal to purchase a limited edition hardcover Canadian Bank Notes 4th Edition catalogue for a deeply discounted price.  Regular price is roughly $80.

Regarding posting lists, ALL MEMBERS of this site are encouraged to participate as much as they would like to.  If you want to spearhead this project, Jonathan, you are more than welcome to.  Once you get a list put together, contact the moderator for the appropriate forum (the $10 H/L forum) and request that they help get it set up.  If necessary, the moderator for that forum can contact Tom or myself for assistance, but they should be able to handle it.

I hope that puts to rest some of your inhibitions.  This sounds like an excellent way to put your energy and enthousiasm to good use.  I'm sure many members will appreciate your work on the subject.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 05:30:08 pm »

Thanks, Brent, but I think I will pass on becoming a member of the CPMS for the time being, as money is becoming very tight these days.  I am studying office administration at the college, so for now, I don't have a job as yet.  :)

So I think I will sleep on it for a few more months years.  ;D

Bye four for now, Jonathan  ;)
Mike_L
  • So many pretty colours!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 05:01:10 pm »

If anyone is trying to build a list, keep in mind that you need a lot of data and weird things happen, so your list will only apply to a range of prefixes.

For instance, the skip numbering of BABN $5's switches to 25,000 at AOB, so a list with AOA's and AOB's will have a lot of contradictions.

I'm currently about half way through building a list of BABN Journey's $5's plate numbers for AOB-AOF.  To avoid duplication, if anyone wants to work on this project, send me a message and I'll catch you up to date.

Mike

Login with username, password and session length