Author
Topic: Lastest Counterfeits of polymer series  (Read 3884 times)
coinsnpaper
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:02:45 pm »

There has been a large amount of counterfeits of all the issues in Canada's polymer series. They are printed on paper,not polymer substrate, with hologram features. They are quite poorly printed- the heads are almost flat, without much of the pop-out depth of the engraved portraits of the genuine bills. The colours are off on some of the bills. The fine quality small lines are not well done. The holograms are one colour only, and seem to be covered with irregular, jagged edges of tape! I have seen one that had the surface coated with some sort of sealant/wax, and it was hard to see the tape on this bill. Also, this feels more like the polymer bills.  I have seen copies of $5, $20, $50 and $100 bills, and have been told that there are copies of the $10. They have been passed into circulation, being found at smaller stores, as well as larger grocery chains They have been around on the west coast about a month now. I was shown them at a bank, when I asked if they have anything interesting in. 
coinsnpaper
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:52:55 pm »

I have heard, today, that at least some of these (Counterfeit) notes have 2 different serial numbers on the note.

Login with username, password and session length