Author
Topic: Vancouver show back to two-day format in September  (Read 13683 times)
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:01:06 pm »

Hello collectors:

The North Shore Numismatic Society is pleased to invite you to join the action as it returns in September with its first two-day show in over two years.

After being forced from its former location due to redevelopment, the NSNS found Burnaby’s Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre to be perfectly suited and spacious for its one-day shows. The addition now of a two-day show — with more dealers providing wider offerings to meet collector needs — is the next step.

So on Saturday, Sept. 17 and Sunday, Sept. 18, the NSNS will present a show with more than 30 tables featuring about 25 dealers from Western Canada.

It will be at the Nikkei Centre 6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, just off Kingsway just west of Edmonds. There’s plenty of free parking in the neighbourhood and a Japanese restaurant on the site.

There will be a Coins-for-Kids table for juniors, and free appraisals. There’s plenty of free parking, a Japanese restaurant at the location, and admission price is still only $2 (single day), $3 for both.

Hours are Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Please join us as we work hard (along with clubs across Canada) to keep live shows available to collectors. With increasing costs and a smaller audience due to changing circumstances — i.e. more collectors being online and participating in online auctions, etc., — it's tougher to keep shows going. But isn't it a pleasure to see what you're buying first, and not depend on and pay often exhorbitant prices to postal services or couriers?

Hope to see many paper money aficionados at the show!
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:41:40 am »

Show is this weekend folks! Hope to see you all there.
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 01:02:15 am »

I enjoyed the show today, thanks Alvin.

They asked me at the door where I had heard about the show, and I told them I had heard about it right here on the cdnpapermoney forums. They had never heard about these forums before and were quite pleased.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

Another Vancouver show to be held Saturday, May 27. Details as previous post....
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 03:33:45 pm »

Oops.... Location details the same, but it's a one-day show. Open 9.a.m. to 3 p.m.

Login with username, password and session length