Author
Topic: GPM29 Misc Typos  (Read 6876 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:41:39 am »

page xxiv (2nd column/2nd paragraph after "THE DISTRIBUTION NETWORK FOR CANADIAN GOVERNMENT BANKNOTES") "Banks and individuals were been able to acquire notes directly from the Bank of Canada in Ottawa;" 
should be "Banks and individuals were able to acquire notes directly from the Bank of Canada in Ottawa." 
or "Banks and individuals have been able to acquire notes directly from the Bank of Canada in Ottawa."

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 11:47:06 am »

page 2 (under CARD MONEY 1729-1757 QUEBEC CITY -6th sentence) "Again the system worked well at first, the cards being preferred by the habitants even to the bill o exchange on France by which they were to be redeemed;" should be "Again the system worked well at first, the cards being preferred by the habitants even to the bill of exchange on France by which they were to be redeemed." 

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:59:07 am »

page 8 (under IV. FINAL QUEBEC ISSUE 1815- 2nd sentence) "Like the previous issue, a largeMat the top seems to be associated with the denomination;"
(spaces are missing) and should be "Like the previous issue, a large M at the top seems to be associated with the denomination;"
or "Like the previous issue, a large "M." was printed at the top of this denomination.

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »

page 323 (under Replacement Notes:) "Please see page 312 for explanations on "A" replacement notes as they pertain to this series;"
should be "Please see page 308 for explanations on "A" replacement notes as they pertain to this series."

dasche
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:04:19 am »

Page 284 regarding the 1973 $1 Lawson-Bouey; 2 letters. The first prefix letter G is listed twice. Am I correct to assume that one of those should be 'F'? All prefix first letters for both printers are present except for the CBN 'F'.

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 06:23:27 pm »

Am I correct to assume that one of those should be 'F'? All prefix first letters for both printers are present except for the CBN 'F'.

Yes - I believe you are correct (the first prefix letter "G" should be an "F")

dasche
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 07:12:00 pm »

I believe there is a typo on page 286. The last Crow-Bouey $2, non-replacement prefix is listed as ABE. I believe this should be ARE, as ABE is listed previously as a full run.

Login with username, password and session length