Author
Topic: Charlton and Other Guides  (Read 5323 times)
34Coupe
« on: March 03, 2017, 02:20:02 pm »

I was wondering how often you update your Charlton, or other guides?

Northwest5
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »

The Charlton Cdn Government Guide is published annually. 
34Coupe
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »

I am aware of the annual publication. I was wondering if there is enough differences year over year to justify buying a new version every year.  An what most people are doing in that regards.

Thanks for the reply.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 08:22:01 pm »

I am aware of the annual publication. I was wondering if there is enough differences year over year to justify buying a new version every year.  An what most people are doing in that regards.

Thanks for the reply.

Depending on what you collect may depend whether or not you purchase a book yearly
If you are constantly buying notes I feel it is wise to have some knowledge as to current cat prices
Although it is only a guide, it may be what a lot of sellers base their prices on and keeping up to date only makes sense in my opinion....
Those who collect newer replacements will find the catalogue adds these newly found replacements from the last printing so that may be another reason one buys a cat
In my personal opinion 25-30 bucks for a catalogue will likely pay for itself in one purchase if you know what you are looking for and not just going by last years prices

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
34Coupe
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 08:37:40 pm »

That makes sense, especially for the newer notes.  The only new notes I have bought were a brick of the Commemorative 20's.  These I think will always be worth only $20 (except for special serial #'s) because I'm sure there are lots of people who have done the same thing.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 03:31:58 pm »

...25-30 bucks for a catalogue will likely pay for itself in one purchase if you know what you are looking for...

- I agree.  About a decade ago, I used to buy a new guide every 2 years or more but have bought them yearly for some time now.  Some series (& replacements) will take a hit in popularity so if you don't get it (& don't know about this fluctuation) it can be costly when you over-pay for a note (based on a dated price).

The guide is so full of useful info (like grading or number of notes printed) & can also help sharpen one's focus on what Series/notes/prefixes/special numbers to collect.     

Login with username, password and session length