Author
Topic: Searching foe Special SN  (Read 4675 times)
TheBurnz
« on: January 31, 2018, 08:37:22 am »

Hello All,

How do you search for your Special SN.....

Is withdrawing cash from your bank account (Say 5k worth) Searching the notes and then depositing it back into the account a way. The doing this over and over again...

Is there added value to in doing to a teller then just withdrawing from a machine...

My thought is, the person putting the money in the machine might have already went through the notes, where a teller can't really do that since everyone is watching.

Thoughts... Thanks

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »

My thought is, the person putting the money in the machine might have already went through the notes, where a teller can't really do that since everyone is watching.

your joking right..tellers do it all the time

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:33:33 pm »

your joking right..tellers do it all the time

I have found hardly any tellers in most of the urban branches have the knowledge or inclination to do it. I have been a beneficiary of this lack of inclination and knowledge.

I had an instance where I got a bundle of new notes. The teller was interested in getting a note which ended in three zeroes but there was a radar in there which passed right under the eyes which they were not interested in keeping - Go figure.

The people I think who might do this are people who are in charge of the vault/cage at the branch particularly if they have friends from the collector community who have trained them what to look for.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
TheBurnz
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:04:20 am »

That's unfortunate news and a little discouraging. Oh well, guess I have to make friends with tellers going forward.

Login with username, password and session length