Author
Topic: uncut sheets  (Read 5228 times)
TheBurnz
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:23:26 pm »

Hello all,

Its hard to find comparable to 4-6 uncut sheets. I've seen full sheets prices. Whats your opinion on value with  this sheet.

Thank you,

I've seen these vertical before but never side by side. Is this a red flag...
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:43:37 pm »

Whats your opinion on value with  this sheet.

$13.00 is the likely book value on those in UNC condition- if its the common prefix (which is likely).  They're often in AU so they would likely be worth less.  They're not highly sought after and quite difficult to resell (so keep that in mind if you're considering purchasing them).

I've seen these vertical before but never side by side. Is this a red flag...

This is not a full sheet but a sheet that's been cut up.  They usually come this way- any other configuration is not worth a premium.

TheBurnz
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:56:48 am »

thank you for the reply,

I ended up getting them for $25. I see 2 note sheets on ebay selling for $25 and some 4 note sheets selling at $50.

I get that these are asking prices, but I would say with your information I  probably overpaid, but I like sheets and if i want to start a collection, I think these are a staple and probably a good first addition. Probably go in a frame on the wall in the guest bedroom. The auction didn't show the reverse of the notes which means the serial numbers are not anything special, but I will defiantly check.

Thanks again,
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:32:27 am »

I see 2 note sheets on ebay selling for $25 and some 4 note sheets selling at $50.

Be careful not to compare what you buy (& paid for) -by what people are expecting on eBay or any online action site right now.  I've seen sellers list "broken ladders" whatever that is- for far above face when the note is worth face value.  Ditto for the new "150" tens and many other common notes. The trouble with sticking to online sales is you don't get to meet real collectors who can give you a better idea what is collectible.

At this moment in time (with high paypal and listing charges) there is a lot of stock which is quite pricey listed on many online auction sites. Its quite understandable as its getting expensive to sell a note online today.

I highly recommend you go to a show and meet dealers because you will get a much better idea of what a note is worth by talking to them or other collectors.  Remember that dealers are somewhat flexible in their pricing.  I've net a dozen or so who've steered me away from the "common chaff" and gave me a fair price on a fairly graded note (which won't happen online).

It would also be wise to go to your nearby library and peruse a Charlton catalogue to get a different perspective on what notes are collected and the price range (plus valuable info on grading/history/errors and other questions you've posted here on the forum).

Login with username, password and session length