Author
Topic: Any chance of the SNDB coming back online?  (Read 12125 times)
Beatrix
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:08:53 pm »

I found it quite useful when I wanted to check things sometimes, but it appears it's still offline. Would be very helpful.

If not - any chance I could get the old data from it if it's still lying around somewhere?
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 10:18:38 pm »

Yes, certainly.

A thorough review and update of the SNDB code has been underway.  The goal is to combine the SNDB, forum, wiki and other features so they work together seamlessly.  It has been a little more slow-going than originally hoped but progress is being made.

More information to follow...
Gau28
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:13:46 pm »

Hi,

any update on the SNDB code review?
I guess it's not an easy job.  I hope you will get a way to make the DB live again!

Thanks for the follow up.

Gau28
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:18:38 pm »

Yes! At this point a nearly-complete rewrite has been accomplished and is 99% completed.  There is still some final testing to be done as well as merging the database with the production version of the forum database.

On the surface not much as been changed but behind the scenes nearly every line of code has been rewritten to simplify and consolidate numerous functions and facilitate future developments.

We are hoping to get it finalized and online in the coming week!
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 11:19:09 pm »

Finally the SNDB is back online!  This took much longer than anticipated and I sincerely apologize for the delay.  Hopefully most of the bugs have been worked out.  Although a major rewriting of the code has been completed the changes in functionality have been kept minimal.

The most notable change is to the procedure for confirming new prefixes and new highs/lows.  It will no longer be necessary to e-mail a scan as you now have the option of uploading images directly.  If you click on "suspect notes" you will get a list of all notes that require a confirmation.

You can narrow down the list to notes that you've posted yourself and upload images if you have them available.  You can also "confirm" or "flag" notes which other users have uploaded images of.  For a note to be considered "confirmed" it needs to be confirmed by at least one member other than he who posted it in the first place.

Please share your comments and advise of any bugs!  Some new features will be forthcoming and suggestions are more than welcome!
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 04:10:26 pm »

Now it should be working!  If you tried to access the SNDB and failed it's because I forgot to set the permissions to allow access.
AZ
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 04:31:48 pm »

Now it should be working!  If you tried to access the SNDB and failed it's because I forgot to set the permissions to allow access.

It is working indeed, great job! Can the GMA-GMZ range be added for $50 notes?
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 07:23:29 pm »

GMA-GMZ has been added.
AZ
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 12:50:23 pm »

GMA-GMZ has been added.

Thank you! Can you also add a link to the summary table so the $50 section says:
GHD-GHZ
GMA-Present

A few other SNDB-related suggestions:

1. As front and back plate numbers are the same on the polymer notes, would it be possible to update the code so only one number can be entered? If both numbers are typed, the database would continue to work as it does now.

2. The User Rankings page seemed to work better before, when both Rankings by Note and Rankings by Value tables were side-by-side rather than one after another and wrapped. Each user had their ranks in both tables next to each other, while now they are far apart.

Also, instead of the asterisks, can the users be given names such as User 1, User 2, etc? This way we can see where the same user is in both tables, without knowing their actual user ID.

3. Occasionally we enter a note that is already in the database. It would be good to see when and where it was entered the first time (the IDof the user does not have to be given if privacy is of concern).

Thanks for all the hard work to bring the database back to life! The performance certainly has been improved.
Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 04:57:24 pm »

Signature tag not working properly showcasing which level you have reached for entering notes to the SNDB.
Are you going to be carrying this over as well or abandoning it?  'Error:Insufficient note count'

Not sure if I will be reaching a new milestone soon with almost 10k of notes entered or not.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:58:55 pm by Rag Picker »

admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 10:25:44 pm »

Signature tag not working properly showcasing which level you have reached for entering notes to the SNDB.
Are you going to be carrying this over as well or abandoning it?  'Error:Insufficient note count'

Not sure if I will be reaching a new milestone soon with almost 10k of notes entered or not.

This was a bug that only affected your specific account due to an ambiguity between "Rag Picker" and "Rag_Picker".  The bug has now been fixed and the following link will now work:

https://cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?action=sigtag&u=Rag_Picker
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:15 pm »

Thank you! Can you also add a link to the summary table so the $50 section says:
GHD-GHZ
GMA-Present

A few other SNDB-related suggestions:

1. As front and back plate numbers are the same on the polymer notes, would it be possible to update the code so only one number can be entered? If both numbers are typed, the database would continue to work as it does now.

2. The User Rankings page seemed to work better before, when both Rankings by Note and Rankings by Value tables were side-by-side rather than one after another and wrapped. Each user had their ranks in both tables next to each other, while now they are far apart.

Also, instead of the asterisks, can the users be given names such as User 1, User 2, etc? This way we can see where the same user is in both tables, without knowing their actual user ID.

3. Occasionally we enter a note that is already in the database. It would be good to see when and where it was entered the first time (the IDof the user does not have to be given if privacy is of concern).

Thanks for all the hard work to bring the database back to life! The performance certainly has been improved.

Fixed the GHD-Present link.

Thank you for the suggestions!  These ideas will most certainly be taken into consideration in a future update.  Additionally it has been suggested that we allow users to choose their own privacy settings.  I doubt that very many users really want to hide their usernames anyway but this is how Brent had things set up so I did not want to rock the boat too much until I got feedback from everyone.

Performance should be a little better now as user stats are now cached so that queries do not need to search through the nearly 1M entries to aggregate data every time a page is loaded.  There is still much room for further optimization but this update was really just a first pass through the code to get everything up and running.
JB-2007
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 12:42:57 pm »

The serial number DB does not work for me, gives me "an error has occurred" when accessing. Am i doing something wrong?  :( Anyone else have this problem?
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 01:26:43 pm »

My best guest is that the permissions weren't set correctly for the moderator membergroup ... looking into that now.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 03:26:24 pm »

It should work now for moderators.

Login with username, password and session length