Author
Topic: Any chance of the SNDB coming back online?  (Read 12122 times)
JB-2007
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 12:10:10 am »

Working now . Very nice new setup. Great job guys.  :)
robb4640
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 02:02:09 am »

I am in favor of allowing each user to set their own privacy settings as mentioned in the earlier post.

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 02:10:09 pm »

I enjoyed seeing what city the highs/low notes originated from (if user cannot be identified).
It would be nice to see that feature reinstated (if it's doable).

Thanks,

-W2W

Gau28
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 06:14:42 pm »

I enjoyed seeing what city the highs/low notes originated from (if user cannot be identified).
It would be nice to see that feature reinstated (if it's doable).

Thanks,

-W2W

I have the same whish.  I don't understant why there's privacy concern.  We already use Pseudonym in this forum.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 05:09:40 pm »

First off, I would like to thank (& congratulate) the "admin" for their hard work in keeping up the CPMF along with adding the SNDB -which was missed by so many of us members here.

"Dean" posted some time ago that his signature tag wasn't working.  I don't see it below his name & I know mine isn't working either.  It would be nice to have this feature like the "old days."

A couple members have posted (under Chinese New Year) about seeing more info (like SN distribution) on the SNDB.  These have been long time members & I know I would love this info too. It would then allow us to know if a prefix has only certain ranges or if (perhaps) limited number of PN (hence only a part of the ream) was printed for a particular prefix.  If its possible - I am wondering if such a feature could be awarded to members who've entered X number of notes (made a significant contribution).  I just discovered that I have entered over 56,000 notes (over $1M worth in face) so I know I'd like that privilege. I think adding such a feature would add membership interest & participation.

I have the same whish.  I don't understant why there's privacy concern.  We already use Pseudonym in this forum.

-many members seem to enjoy the transparency we had in the old version of the site- so if the location (of HIGH SN's & LOW SN's) can be turned back on for the numbers entered in the SNDB -that would be welcomed (& very much appreciated) too. 

Thanks again!
W2W
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 05:12:26 pm by walktothewater »

PaperorPlastic
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 08:33:41 am »

-many members seem to enjoy the transparency we had in the old version of the site- so if the location (of HIGH SN's & LOW SN's) can be turned back on for the numbers entered in the SNDB -that would be welcomed (& very much appreciated) too. 

I feel displaying the location shouldn't be a problem since you can't really figure out who the user is just from location.  If privacy is to be kept, simply keeping the username off and the location on should be enough.

A couple members have posted (under Chinese New Year) about seeing more info (like SN distribution) on the SNDB.  These have been long time members & I know I would love this info too. It would then allow us to know if a prefix has only certain ranges or if (perhaps) limited number of PN (hence only a part of the ream) was printed for a particular prefix.  If its possible - I am wondering if such a feature could be awarded to members who've entered X number of notes (made a significant contribution).  I just discovered that I have entered over 56,000 notes (over $1M worth in face) so I know I'd like that privilege. I think adding such a feature would add membership interest & participation.

I think having an incentive to contribute the notes would likely have a positive effect on getting new users and having more notes added to the database which would only be a good thing!  I'm sure there are some who don't see the value in doing so since they can't see what they are contributing towards.

Login with username, password and session length