Author
Topic: RCNA 2018 Convention  (Read 4093 times)
Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:12 pm »

The numismatic highlight of the year for many collectors is just around the corner! 
Always a special treat when held in Ontario, it will be at least a few years or longer before returning again.

Hoping to meet some forum members there from August 7th to 11th.
I'm looking forward to the all day workshop featuring Steve Bell from BCS and perhaps even previewing some banknotes/coins in the TCNC auction.

Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:56:48 am »

As if there weren't enough reasons to attend or pre-register, organizers have somehow managed to get their hands on an undetermined quantity of the MacCoin celebrating the iconic sandwich's 50th anniversary.

For those who missed the announcement, you cannot get them at Canadian McDonald's restaurants.  Save yourself the hassle of entering a contest and avoid paying a small fortune for what amounts to a token and expires at the end of the year.

http://canadiancoinnews.com/new-maccoin-coming-to-rcna-convention/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:59:47 am by Rag Picker »

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 05:11:25 pm »

Really enjoyed the Numismatic Workshop you mentioned.  Stephen Bell gave a very informative workshop on:
Printing/Anatomy of a banknote; History of CDN banknotes; Grading notes & Collecting paper money in today's market.  Although the last part of the workshop was brief (we were running out of time) it was a very informative & fascinating morning.

In the afternoon, Susan Maltby discussed preservation, storage & care of both coins and banknotes.  It too was very interesting & informative.  I would recommend these workshops to any collector interested in understanding grading methods (a lot of useful technical knowledge on the production of banknotes) & keeping/storing their collections.  If the RCNA sponsor a similar workshop next year I would highly recommend you take advantage of attending.

Login with username, password and session length