Author
Topic: 5 x 1967 $1 Sequential Uncirculated  (Read 4712 times)
rabbie7
« on: September 23, 2018, 02:50:16 pm »

Hello. I am new to the forum, so I hope I am asking my question on the correct page. I have 5 x 1967 uncirculated, sequential one-dollar bills. GP 4320100 to 4320104, kept in vinyl covers. I have no experience collecting, so I do not know whether the notes would be considered Very Good or Excellent. Could and would anybody, please, advise me regarding the possible value of these bills? I have attached photos of obverse and reverse. Cheers and Thanks  :)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:30:59 pm by rabbie7 »
AL-Bob
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 09:07:04 pm »

Uncirculated notes (with no folds) can grade either UNC, Choice UNC or Gem Unc.  Although those do look like they are uncirculated the centering is terrible and therefore they would not in my opinion grade any higher than a basic "UNC".

These are also extremely common.  Charlton lists the value for G/P as $6 in Unc.  That's probably the most you could realistically expect to get for these notes.  Again the centering is a major turn off as collectors are alway looking for notes with nice margins all the way around.  Perfect Gem examples can fetch a lot higher but that is not the case with these.

AL-Bob(at)cdnpapermoney com
rabbie7
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 09:21:51 pm »

Thank you for your response, AL-Bob. This information is much appreciated. I had a hunch that the off-register printing would diminish the value. Smiles and Thanks.  :)

Login with username, password and session length