Author
Topic: Viola Desmond  (Read 9444 times)
hdldddpd
« on: November 23, 2018, 12:50:24 am »

Looks like the first prefix for the new $10 is FTW.  Had to show off a bit too.

wagnert89
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:39:26 am »

Nice find.  Too bd that 7 did not shed its uper part to make a solid.  You selling this?
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 12:15:55 pm »

Lovely 2 digit radar.  Congrats!

AJG
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 12:35:01 pm »

I find it hard to believe there have been very minimal reports of new $10 bill activity, after only the first week in circulation, and with limited quantities.  And with FTW and FTY being the only prefixes acquired so far, with very minimal discoveries.
Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 08:09:26 pm »

Made two stops today and got two different serial number ranges in FTW for the new $10s. 
They would only let me have 10 bills which was fine with me, better than the five for the 2017 notes.
A third branch of TD said they wouldn't have any until Saturday after making at least 3 visits this week.

What I don't understand is that if the prefixes carry on from where the Frontier series ends at FTV why then the May 2016 entries for FTZ?

I also read elsewhere that the full run is expected to start with FFA but none have been officially reported yet.

All in all a nice attractive note when you can get one without a damaged corner.  Much more difficult to see the FP number on the front than the back.   

Look to the left under the Orion symbols on the front and just above and to the right of the second square on the left for the back.  Both numbers should be the same as with previous issues.  Save yourself the aggravation by flipping the note over and enter that twice for the fp and bp.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:26:24 pm by Rag Picker »

AZ
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »

What I don't understand is that if the prefixes carry on from where the Frontier series ends at FTV why then the May 2016 entries for FTZ?
I also read elsewhere that the full run is expected to start with FFA but none have been officially reported yet.
There is no mystery here whatsoever. There were a single FTW and a single FTZ note entered two years ago by mistake. Whoever made the incorrect entries in the SNDB did not bother reporting them to be corrected. The 2013 series $10 last prefix is indeed FTV.

The 2018 series full run starts at FTW. If you check Bank of Canada Flickr, you will see images of FFA notes. We should see them shortly. FTW, FTY and FTZ will be followed by FFA-FFZ.
hdldddpd
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 12:00:30 am »

Nice find.  Too bd that 7 did not shed its uper part to make a solid.  You selling this?

Not selling.  Love my radars and ladders.

Rag Picker
  • CPMS 1652
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 11:05:33 am »

The 2018 series full run starts at FTW.

Thanks for the information AZ.  That was quite helpful and I suspect soon enough we will be seeing some new highs and lows in the FTW & FTZ notes.

Hounddog
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:18:23 am »

Are these new notes being listed under the 2013 Wilkins/Poloz section on the SNDB?

Cheers, Bill
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:22:18 am by Hounddog »

[img
AZ
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 11:49:38 am »

Are these new notes being listed under the 2013 Wilkins/Poloz section on the SNDB?
They are being listed under the 2013 series for now, yes. I asked the admin a week ago to create a new section for the new series, with $10 prefix ranges FTW-FTZ and FFA-FFZ, but this has not been done yet.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 01:36:37 pm »

Looks like the first prefix for the new $10 is FTW.  Had to show off a bit too.

Amazing. Congrats

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 01:45:00 pm »

The 2018 series full run starts at FTW.

Good call on the FTW.

In my database the FTV's are only going up to about 6.0.

I would not be surprised if there is a short run of FTV for the new series.

AZ
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 09:47:27 pm »

I would not be surprised if there is a short run of FTV for the new series.
As to me, I would be very surprised! So far, all new polymer issues started with a new prefix (HBG, FEW, BIE, FIL, AHS, FMS, EKA, FWS, CDA). What is more likely is that the FTV prefix was not fully printed.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 12:40:18 am »

As to me, I would be very surprised! So far, all new polymer issues started with a new prefix (HBG, FEW, BIE, FIL, AHS, FMS, EKA, FWS, CDA). What is more likely is that the FTV prefix was not fully printed.

Actually that is a good point. Now that you mention this I had read somewhere that for every new series the first few serial numbers are given to some key people like the Prime Minister I think gets the 0000000, the Finance Minister gets the 0000001 and so on.

So maybe FTV is a short run and FTW might be the start.

admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 10:40:46 am »

Prefixes FTW-FTZ and FFA-FFZ are now listed as 2018 Wilkins/Poloz under the Polymer "Vertical" Series.  Any suggestions for a better name for this series are welcome.
AZ
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 12:44:59 pm »

Prefixes FTW-FTZ and FFA-FFZ are now listed as 2018 Wilkins/Poloz under the Polymer "Vertical" Series.  Any suggestions for a better name for this series are welcome.
Thanks for doing that and also removing the two incorrect FTW and FTZ entries. It looks like the BOC has not yet come up with the official name for the new series. "Vertical" series sounds just fine for the time being.
h2os
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 08:49:47 pm »

Nice radar

Login with username, password and session length