Author
Topic: CBNC Test Note with Graham Bell Portrait  (Read 6811 times)
kartal1903
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:18 pm »

Hello

I am looking for one of the CBNC test banknotes with the Graham Bell portrait in the attached JPG file. Can any of the forum members be any help for me in locating one of these test banknotes?

Thanks!

kartal1903
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:46:41 pm »

Actually, I am looking for any one of the 10 varieties of these Graham Bell test notes by CBNC. It should not be exact one of the test notes in the attached picture.

Thanks in advance!

Hello

I am looking for one of the CBNC test banknotes with the Graham Bell portrait in the attached JPG file. Can any of the forum members be any help for me in locating one of these test banknotes?

Thanks!

kartal1903
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:52:52 am »

Hello again,

Can't anybody be any help on this test banknote?

Regards

Actually, I am looking for any one of the 10 varieties of these Graham Bell test notes by CBNC. It should not be exact one of the test notes in the attached picture.

Thanks in advance!
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:11:46 am »

Can't anybody be any help on this test banknote?

-There are just over 900 members of the CPMF who could answer this question (that would be if all 900 members have logged in (in the past month- which is highly unlikely).  Currently, I have noticed that there are more guests than members logging in (about 15-20/day) - yet even if they did have any leads- they cannot post an answer.

- I have not seen this note until you posted the image last month.

Do you know whether CBN Co actually sold/released these in-house test note to the public?  If you know they have indeed released these, than I suggest you further seek info from:
A) https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=166 which is the Canadian section of the Coin Community Forum (which has a large member base/plus many Americans who are quite knowledgable). If you are not a member and would like me to post the same query- then just ask.
B) http://coinsandcanada.com Coins and Canada also may be an good avenue to search
C) https://canadiancoinnews.com/news/ Canadian Coin News although you might have to subscribe, this magazine is the ultimate guide for many coin collectors (who could know more) plus they have a search engine.

and of course there are many dealers you could contact (just Google Canadian Coin Dealers) who may know someone who specializes in test notes.

Hope this helps ...W2W

Northwest5
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 04:20:31 pm »

Hi Kartal1903
I have seen these test notes on Ebay, cant remember when but i think some time ago.  Try searching there for past sales.  Good luck, Murray
kartal1903
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 02:47:36 am »

Thanks W2W for your detailed reply. I appreciate it!

I do not know if the CBNC has sold/released these notes to the public, but I have seen that they were sold in eBay by a German dealer in past. Therefore, I assume that they are in public hands. Actually, one member of this group contacted me and said that he owns this test note and was going to check his stock book for me, but never got back to me.

I contacted multiple Canadian coin dealers and am still waiting for their answers.

I am not a member of coincommunity.com forum. I appreciate if you could post my query there.

All the best,
kartal1903

-There are just over 900 members of the CPMF who could answer this question (that would be if all 900 members have logged in (in the past month- which is highly unlikely).  Currently, I have noticed that there are more guests than members logging in (about 15-20/day) - yet even if they did have any leads- they cannot post an answer.

- I have not seen this note until you posted the image last month.

Do you know whether CBN Co actually sold/released these in-house test note to the public?  If you know they have indeed released these, than I suggest you further seek info from:
A) https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=166 which is the Canadian section of the Coin Community Forum (which has a large member base/plus many Americans who are quite knowledgable). If you are not a member and would like me to post the same query- then just ask.
B) http://coinsandcanada.com Coins and Canada also may be an good avenue to search
C) https://canadiancoinnews.com/news/ Canadian Coin News although you might have to subscribe, this magazine is the ultimate guide for many coin collectors (who could know more) plus they have a search engine.

and of course there are many dealers you could contact (just Google Canadian Coin Dealers) who may know someone who specializes in test notes.

Hope this helps ...W2W
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 10:19:17 am »

I appreciate if you could post my query there.
-Okay, done. 
You can now browse the site yourself to see the responses & I will also post here if I get messages or see some pertinent leads.
W2W

kartal1903
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 04:58:12 pm »

Thanks W2W for the posting!

I know you asked for the info in that forum, but I am actually interested in acquiring one copy of this banknote. It can be any of its varieties.

Best,
kartal1903

-Okay, done. 
You can now browse the site yourself to see the responses & I will also post here if I get messages or see some pertinent leads.
W2W
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 02:54:58 pm »

"Kartal1903"
Two members of CCF have posted that there is a listing for one of these notes on eBay as of today (03/30/19).

I have just spotted it:
seller is "coin-cabinet"
eBay item number:301605810453
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:45:35 pm by walktothewater »

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 04:53:07 pm »

Check your mail Kartal1903

Also: this member would like to contact Manada (for more info on the above).

Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 08:17:53 am »

My apologies, we have a newborn in the house and I've been falling behind in many things. This is the test note that I have in my possession.

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian

Login with username, password and session length