Author
Topic: Canadian $2 Bill Value verification  (Read 10596 times)
shermara
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:30:47 pm »

I am asking someone to verify what you would consider the grade of the attached 2 dollar bill would be. These have been in my fathers collection since new from bank (uncirculated)
and passed to me now so just going through things and my knowledge is sparse.

I have 40 of these and are in numerical sequence.

I recd initial value by entering the ser# on website: coinandcanada.com so not sure how accurate the site is
I would state these are in fine condition uncirculated and show the "Big" B Small B serialization for valuing.

Also does having a series of 40 bills in sequence add a premium valuation?

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 07:45:17 pm by shermara »
wagnert89
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:20:53 am »

welcome to the forum!  These appear uncirculated and the prefix/serial numbers are not considered rare.  I would say they are worth 5 to 10 dollars each, depending on who is willing to pay.  Both "B" appear the same size and therefore not rare.

The consecutive numbers is a nice feature but may not add any real value other than being able to sell all notes in one lot. Hope this helps answer your question
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:22:54 am by wagnert89 »
shermara
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 11:38:36 am »

Thank you for the reply wagnert89 good to get some feedback

Please do advise what I am missing then in my review of the "first B" It appears to have a "thicker" font than the second "B" which is obviously "thinner" so is that not considered a "larger" prefix?

I again am seeking information so if I'm incorrect what does determine a "larger" or "smaller" prefix

Thank you
wagnert89
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 01:20:22 pm »

These B's are the same size.  One is a bit darker/bolder but the size is small.  Your prefixes are also not in the applicable range.   I have attached an example, referenced in the Charlton Guide

shermara
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 09:57:38 am »

Thanks again for the info....you state the prefix range is not applicable but on coinandcanada.com they state the BGB range in my case is applicable....possibly im reading into your statement incorrectly and need to brush up on my knowledge.
Is coinandcanada.com a trustworthy site for info

Also is it safe to state they are many variables that is up to interpretation in this area?

Thx again
wagnert89
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 05:54:50 pm »

Yes it's a good site; it is probably more active than this site

Login with username, password and session length