Author
Topic: BSW still out in circulation!  (Read 4203 times)
Beatrix
« on: March 07, 2019, 02:11:33 am »

I have already let Rupiah know, but I thought I would share with the rest of you. Snagged myself a BSW from my run of the mill activities this past weekend. It is quite circulated but still in one piece. I had long assumed I would never find one so it was a very pleasant surprise - took me approximately 31000 plastic 20s to find it.

Interesting finds have been low as of late so it is nice to find something good here and there. I am one who enjoys the thrill of the hunt, so finding something like this is more valuable to me than any pristine BSW I could purchase from someone else.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:03:11 pm »

t I thought I would share with the rest of you. Snagged myself a BSW from my run of the mill activities this past weekend. It is quite circulated but still in one piece

Wow! Congratulations! That is one amazing find 'Beatrix.'  I know, as I've searched thousands & it took me 5 years to finally find one.  And it too- is very circulated.

IMO: still a very underrated note in terms of BV -which I'm sure is for lack of data.

Beatrix
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 02:02:51 am »

I should consider myself lucky then, I've only started seriously going through bills in 2016 so it only took me 3 years! Here's some pics if you're curious: Front, Back.

Do we know how many have been reported? I noticed the SNDB only has 14, of which one is my own that I just added. Have you seen anyone else discuss it elsewhere?
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:00:16 pm »

I should consider myself lucky then, I've only started seriously going through bills in 2016

-Yes, absolutely.  I have looked through many thousands of Twenties since 2017 (I believe that's when I found mine) and have seen no BSW's.  The low # BSV are the most frustrating (they look so much like a BSW at first glance).  After searching for so long, I'm not really expecting to find one now.

I noticed the SNDB only has 14, of which one is my own that I just added. Have you seen anyone else discuss it elsewhere?

-No (& mine is part of the 14 count).  I also shared my info with Rupiah.  He has some interesting theories re: BSW which I will let him chip in here, if he wishes to share.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:02:46 pm by walktothewater »

Beatrix
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 03:31:41 am »

-No (& mine is part of the 14 count).  I also shared my info with Rupiah.  He has some interesting theories re: BSW which I will let him chip in here, if he wishes to share.
Haha in fact he has told me his theories already. Very interesting stuff.

I am not interested in selling, but I sometimes wonder what the value is of the stuff I have, for curiosity's sake. What do you think a circulated BSW would go for if I were to try and sell?
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 09:03:15 am »

What do you think a circulated BSW would go for if I were to try and sell?

IMO: Charlton puts a VF BSW$20 at $40- so maybe that (or marginally more)? It's hard to say because the market seems really hot with auctions but pretty dead elsewhere (so it would depend how you sell it/buyer's premiums, etc). 

I am not interested in selling,

IMO: that's good because you'll never get what its truly worth (as far as how rare it is). 
No one seems to acknowledge the fact that this is one heck of a rare note (like the M/C FTH $10, $50 AMK, $100 EKZ) other than a few SNDB contributors who've scanned countless bundles/bricks and have come up empty handed. 

But having said that: It likely prudent since everybody thought the M/C HBG $5 was quite rare and then BOC suddenly dumped about a million well after its release (after a few were discovered). Anybody who bought one of those going by the low # reported got "burned." Frontiers are still being released so most collectors hold the faint hope that they'll come across one of these. It would be best to sell once a new series has been released and the note is firmly established as a rarity.

Login with username, password and session length