Author
Topic: WER0128495 spotted again!  (Read 4135 times)
CJ_Sidewall
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:53:01 pm »

WER0128495 spotted last night straight out of a central cash machine from a TD Canada Trust in Mississauga.  Teller was surprised I was able to spot the counterfeit so fast.  The font style was the same as the one seen previously.  I wrote down the serial number just to be sure.  Bill was VG/F, very limp to disguise paper quality and had a few water drops on it which caused the ink to bleed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:00:11 pm by BWJM »
sosso
  • paper money..my fave!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 05:56:20 pm »

A WER note was given to me last week by students who wanted change. I should have sensed it. Once I handled it, I saw it as a fake right away. Believe it or not, my bank manager replaced it for me!

have a good day! :P

sosso
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 01:34:30 am »

These fake CJ $10 notes, whether they have the prefix CXT, WER, YHS, THS or anything else, all seem to stem from the same common source.

They all have doubled-up front plate numbers. See attached image. They also have the same font for the serial numbers. The gold leaves on the front appear to be well-done. The blue UV ink on the front is also very well-done.

Someone said to me that he thinks the prefixes are of the people who made them. Maybe, but these all seem to be from the same source. They're too well-done to be the product of some kid who got bored on a Monday night and tried printing his own money. These look professional.

As a side note, the fake $10 that I saw most recently is actually an error note too. It has mismatched prefixes: YHS-THS. ;) I bet it's worth a ton of money!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:01:08 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length