Author
Topic: Opinion Needed Please  (Read 7566 times)
TheBurnz
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:44:44 pm »

Your opinion on this note please. Do you think it is a after mint ink smear or is it a legitimate error.

Do you think it has more value do to this ink smear? What do you believe is the value of this note?

AL-Bob
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 09:27:28 pm »

Do you have any better pictures?

AL-Bob(at)cdnpapermoney com
TheBurnz
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 09:07:16 am »

I tried to enhance them but I was unsuccessful.

Someone mentioned that they thought it was a unsuccessful cleaning attempt. which Looks t be correct to me.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 04:22:30 pm »

Someone mentioned that they thought it was an unsuccessful cleaning attempt. which Looks t be correct to me.

-this note exemplifies- the many reasons why a more seasoned collector who seeks legitimate errors will stick to the principle of "condition, condition, condition" (like "location, location, location" for real estate) because when notes are lower than VF it's really a crapshoot whether you got yourself a legit error or something fishy.  Just the eye appeal alone is really wanting on this 1935 $2.

IMO: From what I can make out from the tiny picture- the ink seems to follow many tiny creases- which is a dead give away that note was likely pressed & somethings is way off in terms of it being a verifiable error (whatever happened -likely occurred after the note was printed).

Login with username, password and session length