Author
Topic: 1954 R/X Bouey-Rasminsky $5 Banknote  (Read 7155 times)
leew23
« on: December 22, 2019, 01:18:14 pm »

Good afternoon Everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I have a question as to the value of this banknote. There are factors which I am hoping to clarify regarding this banknote. First, I did purchase this from a reputable (or I would hope as their star rating on an online selling store is in the 5-digit range). It stated new and crisp and so I would assume uncirculated, at the very least. The banknote looks off-centre (is it out of register?) and there looks to be ink on the front (please see close up images). I looked at other R/X banknotes currently selling on said online stores from other users. Those banknotes look centred and have no ink on them. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

leew23

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:27:38 pm by leew23 »
Northwest5
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:34:07 pm »

Hello,
Thats a nice note, in my opinion its uncirculated or better.  The one margin is simply not cut perfectly, it is not out of register.  The slight ink on the margin is minimal and quite common to see.  Neither would effect my opinion of the note.  The margin may impact its grade from Gem to CH, but it is still well centered as oer the grading point system.  My thoughts anyways.  Murray
snowbird1974
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 07:48:30 pm »

Thanks Murray for your response! This note was part of a consecutive offering. The other notes are cut the same way and the ink is pretty much spot on in the same margin area.

William
wagnert89
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 09:08:17 pm »

It is not unheard-of to see light ink traces in the white margins on the beautiful 54 series.  Yes it is slightly miscut and as for value putting it up on live auction is always the best way to really know what it's worth

Login with username, password and session length